News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 07:42:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "She HATES it"  (Read 36772 times)

Offline joey

• LUV THY EAGLE
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
Re: "She HATES it"
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2010, 03:57:06 PM »
     Unfortunantly the latest snow washed some of it away. But heres her new muddy spot!!!!!!!!!!

Offline NoCoEagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2010, 04:58:48 AM »
What you need to do is avoid the soupy mud and go for the chunky mud. That way you have 50 lbs of mud hanging off the car that will drop to the ground in the heat.

Offline Sunny

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2011, 01:57:47 AM »
This is an old thread [although this section seems pretty dead anyways? So no harm in digging up old threads..lol]
My neighbour came out today and complained to me that my truck has been sitting in my driveway covered in mud for a few weeks. I havn't moved it, as I'm driving something else at the moment.

I wouldn't care if an Eagle was parked infront of house of not.
Yes they are ugly, but I think that adds to the charm hah.
As long as it's in good shape, I don't see how she could have a problem.

One of my neighbours kept complaining to my parents when I was younger, I had an 86 Camaro, and I fixed it up, and it had a few different coloured panels for about a month until I painted it.. The only thing that saved me from getting it towed as an "abandoned car" is I had active plates on it.. I did have the city show up a few times.. Once I painted it, never had a problem again.

Although I'm not one to really care, no one wants a rusted out peice of junk in front of their house, and with the noise thing there is a difference between them complaining for no reason and people being inconsiderate. There is a ford ranger three houses down of my house, with straight pipes [it sounds like crap] and the guy purposely revs the crap out of it when he leaves at 4AM for work. He's gotten a lot of slashed tires over the past year lol

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2011, 01:43:45 AM »
Ya know what would really get her...Put several parts eagles...on blocks... right in your yard
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline tougeagle

• Horses, rodeos, diesel trucks and AMC Eagles
  • Thumbs Up 75
  • There are many like it, but this one is mine
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2011, 01:54:22 AM »
Old thread is old, buuut... That car was sold to Laz (twoslowinwyo), so it can be cared for. Joey since had to move. I worked with him last year for a few months while I was out of a job and it saved my butt.

My dad always teases me when I come down to see them, they live in typical middleclass covenant controlled suburbia and he loves tellin me how someone will call the police about strange vehicles in the neighborhood and stuff, or covenant watchers calling about "project cars". I just mention the times it started right up on -20F mornings ;)

Sunny, that's what makes me grateful for emissions here, don't have to deal with people pulling that crap... Though, when I was still finishing up the swap at the house I lived at, I was definitely a midnight mechanic, and I remember revvin the engine for a while and turning it off to realize it was after 1 am. I'm sure my neighbors were glad to see me gone, though I never did that to them on purpose :P
Upcoming 1982 Wagon "The Silver Bullet"
Goals: 550hp/600tq 4.5L EFI Turbo Stroker, Tremec 6 speed manual
2007 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 6 speed 600+hp/1400+tq fully deleted
1998 Honda Civic "the hoopdy"

What's your 'sona?

A dream car does not have to be beautiful in the eyes of others, it's not theirs.

Offline Hawk258

• Theoretical Customizer with Dilutions of engineering greatness
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • With Great horsepower comes great FUN!
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2011, 02:31:45 PM »
I have to go for the low blow here... Just for this thread I will nominate your eagle for next months eagle of the month in whatever bracket you are able to participate in, THEN, when the new calenders come out... Get her one. That way she can see just how GOOD it really is!

Ingenuity through stupidity, Do something stupid and through Ingenuity you will find a way out of it.

1981 AMC Eagle (Currently in need of a bellhousing OR the project to iron it's self out)

1982 Subaru Brat White (Daily driver inheritence from mom ((Don't worry mom I won't break it))
other prior vehicles include:
1985 Dodge (OMNI) charger
1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit
1982 AMC Eagle wagon (Was going to be parts car)

Offline twoslowinwyo

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2011, 04:45:25 PM »
yes the "sh-me-gle" (all one word) as joey called it, (yes i am keeping the name) is starting to come together nicely. new stereo, pwr. antenna, pwr mirrors, power leather seats (which are being redone) new bearings in the hubs, new dash w/tach, a couple of good fenders 4.0 f.i. head and if i get a bug in my ear i just might slap a turbo on it. my only big problem is that my daughter wants it for her first car.she gets her permit soon. (AAAGGGGHHHHH!!!) man i am getting old.  :banghead: i lose my first one to my son now my daughter wants mine. i guess i will have to get another one :rotfl: i will have to get some pics up soon, i have been really falling behind on that. LAZ
LAZ
1984 wagon
1984 wagon-daughters car
1985 wagon- parts car
1984 wagon-working on
1983 SX/4- working on
1974 matador- future vintage racer

Offline Hawk258

• Theoretical Customizer with Dilutions of engineering greatness
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • With Great horsepower comes great FUN!
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2011, 05:03:25 AM »
 :rotfl: Well, that's the price you pay for introducing your children to the power of the Eagle. I mean heck, my nephew only seen my car once... he want's it. I told him no, but I think he has enough motivation to find his own now. Even has a job and his permit. I am proud. :D

Ingenuity through stupidity, Do something stupid and through Ingenuity you will find a way out of it.

1981 AMC Eagle (Currently in need of a bellhousing OR the project to iron it's self out)

1982 Subaru Brat White (Daily driver inheritence from mom ((Don't worry mom I won't break it))
other prior vehicles include:
1985 Dodge (OMNI) charger
1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit
1982 AMC Eagle wagon (Was going to be parts car)

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2011, 12:13:16 AM »
Don't know if it's 'cause they're AMCs or just 'cause the neighbour's an *** but I have come home to 'abandoned car' stickers several times in the past year. They got lucky last October when I was away for a few days visiting my ailing mom. Came home to find the J10, Concord, and Spirit towed to the impound yard. Cost 650$ to get them out. My Sentra parked on the other side was not part of the fracas.

I hope you went to court and pointed out you were attending an ailing parent. At the least they will usually lower the fee. Someone would be a hurtin for that in my neck of the woods!
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Prafeston

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2011, 02:18:12 AM »

That has got to be the biggest parking spot I have ever seen!

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2011, 08:12:13 AM »

That has got to be the biggest parking spot I have ever seen!

I was just gonna say that - That must be the RV parking area, 'cause that spot dwarfs the car. 

Offline Jurjen

• Thumbs Up 168
  • Dutch Eagle Preservation Front
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2011, 06:22:03 AM »
Honey, I shrunk the Eagle!
"sparrows fly in flocks, eagles fly alone"

Eagle Wagon Limited 1983, Citroen C-Crosser 2010, Triumph Bonneville 1969, Yamaha XJR1300 1999, Yamaha TX750 1973

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf0jpiW6tRI

Click for Leeuwarden, Netherlands Forecast" height="90" width="160

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk