News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 01:05:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Huntsville, AL  (Read 1686 times)

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
Huntsville, AL
« on: October 12, 2011, 08:51:37 PM »
I saw this car about a month ago or so when I was in the company truck. I followed him to a Walmart parking lot, where he worked. I usually drive my Ford Festiva to work since I have a 60+ mile commute round trip, but today I drove my Eagle. I saw the Eagle there and he was there next to it. I whipped a U turn and chatted with him again. It's a little rough but he is slowly getting it in shape. It's been in his family since new. It was sitting for a while and he just recently put it back on the road. I told him about the Nest but not sure if he'll show up here. It's an 88. I noticed his white is brighter than mine. Did a little research and realized they used Chrysler bright white instead of the AMC olympic white in 88.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:55:04 PM by eaglefreek »
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline WoodenBirdOfPrey

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 15
Re: Huntsville, AL
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 09:53:36 PM »
I had wondered about the white paint.  All the pics I saw of white eagles on here seemed to have a little bit of a tan hue to them in pictures, and my 88 seemed as white as can be.  I figured it was the computer screen not truly representing the colors, or because my 88 was so sheltered and garage kept that the paint never got beat on by the sun, rain, and dirt.  Now I know.
87 Eagle Woody Wagon "Virginia" 4.2 Auto 174k

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk