News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 11:39:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aftermarket Power Window Kit insight needed  (Read 2304 times)

Offline runsfar

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • 1986 Eagle wagon
Aftermarket Power Window Kit insight needed
« on: August 24, 2018, 06:54:58 PM »
Hey everyone,

I found these: https://www.autoloc.com/catalog/Power-Window-Kits/Universal-Curved-Window Similar kits are available all over, but before I order them, I was wondering if anyone has installed them in an Eagle. I already got a set of switches from a Grand Wagoneer that look great. Now I just need the power.

My big questions:
1. Do these universal kits fit behind the door panel?
2. How do you run wiring through the car?

I'm pretty handy, but I've never tried to add wiring where it wasn't before.

Thanks for any insight you can give!
I have no idea why I wanted a thirty year old car so bad, but it is finally mine.

Offline DAVE

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
Re: Aftermarket Power Window Kit insight needed
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 09:50:31 AM »
for running the wiring there is an oblong hole on both the door and the frame in the front
the eagles that had power windows and/or door locks had a rubber grommet/bellows which connected to each hole to protect the wiring from the elements. should have a hole plug in it if no wiring is currently being used should be about 1"x3"

Offline runsfar

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • 1986 Eagle wagon
Re: Aftermarket Power Window Kit insight needed
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 09:37:34 PM »
Thanks. I have power locks. It seems so strange that a. you could order power locks without power windows, and b. someone would get locks without windows.

Once the wire is in the hole, do you just push it through until it comes out somewhere? How about the back door?

I'm still a couple months from doing this, so I'm gathering tips now.
I have no idea why I wanted a thirty year old car so bad, but it is finally mine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk