News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 07, 2024, 08:30:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hadn't even bought the car yet...  (Read 2936 times)

Offline Baskinator

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
  • Limerick, PA
Hadn't even bought the car yet...
« on: June 09, 2011, 03:16:50 AM »
I was checking out an Eagle SX/4 yesterday and decided to buy it. It needed to be towed home, so I started calling all the local U-Hauls up to see if they had any tow dollys. Eventually I got on the phone with a girl who sounded young and she asked me for the model name. I told her it was a 1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 and right away she said "AM-wha?---oh, there it is!" I thought it was funny since I hadn't even actually bought the car yet, and she was like, "What kind of car is that?". I didn't really have an answer to this so I just said, "It's... a pretty cool 80's car by American Motors" haha.

After we got the car loaded on the dolly and ready to go home, we were driving down the street and must've had 5 people honk in town. I have a feeling they thought i was the guy that i bought it off of, but it was still funny.
1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (Work In Progress)

Photobucket Album: http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff479/Baskinator/

Offline amc78concord

• If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
  • Second Place is the First Loser!
Re: Hadn't even bought the car yet...
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 06:52:51 PM »
Priceless moments...  8)
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle Limited Wagon (4.0 Head Swap, Holley 4bbl Carb, Headers, MSD Ignition with Team Rush Upgrade)
-82 Eagle SX/4
-83 Eagle Limited Wagon "Woody"
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon
-Many Others... :amc:

:duck:

Click for Nekoosa, Wisconsin Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk