News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 28, 2024, 01:58:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AMCs in the media  (Read 295029 times)

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
Re: AMCs in the media
« Reply #435 on: March 26, 2012, 05:42:26 PM »
Not an Eagle. This (Apr. '12) issue of Car & Driver has an article about wheelstanders, Gremlin pictured in it. Not many details (drivetrain, etc.), some pictures & a little info.
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

81sx4

« Reply #436 on: May 20, 2012, 08:37:40 PM »
between breaking bad and walking dead, did anyone point out the coincidence of both those shows being on AMC?

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
« Reply #437 on: June 02, 2012, 11:21:25 AM »
Just borrowed Eddie Murphy - Golden Child from the library. Opening scene in L.A. (when they start all the people starring in the movie), looked like a Hornet/Concord (brown sedan) going by.

Offline 83Eagle!

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #438 on: June 03, 2012, 11:01:51 AM »
Not an Eagle. This (Apr. '12) issue of Car & Driver has an article about wheelstanders, Gremlin pictured in it. Not many details (drivetrain, etc.), some pictures & a little info.

Was it a bright orange Gremlin?  That one wins the wheel stand competitions in Car Craft a lot.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

rohnk

« Reply #439 on: June 03, 2012, 06:50:19 PM »
Watching Power Block this morning and the promo for next week showed that they will be building an AMC 360.

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
« Reply #440 on: June 04, 2012, 12:16:45 AM »

Was it a bright orange Gremlin?  That one wins the wheel stand competitions in Car Craft a lot.

Forget what color (it's been more than 2 hours). I THINK it was red.

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #441 on: June 05, 2012, 12:31:50 AM »
There was an on demand movie I watched last night called Crunch. It was a class b 80's high school football flick. One of the main character's drove a concord....if you got Comcast cable and a few hours to kill check it out....its under the free movies section under comedies...it was cheesy but entertaining.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
« Reply #442 on: July 07, 2012, 08:42:34 AM »
Been watching a lot of stuff on www.hulu.com (FREE TV). Saw a Barret Jackson episode with a few shots of the Mark Donahue Javelin, Not for sale, just during the interviews. Season 2, Episode 7 - called Pony Car wars or Pony Cars?? Something like that. Then on Hunter, like what he does with 5h1trolet, it either explodes, catches fire, rolls over & over , or crashes into something if not a combination of the above. Anyway, Season 2, episode 2, he drives a Hornet - WITHOUT destroying it!!! As much as I like AMC, I just don't see Hornet as a policeman car. Rebel, yes. Matador, yes. Ambassador, yes. Hornet, no. Sorry but Hornet just doesn't cut it to me. Too small.

Offline Euphonical

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #443 on: July 07, 2012, 11:31:35 AM »
between breaking bad and walking dead, did anyone point out the coincidence of both those shows being on AMC?
Oh funny, I watch Breaking Bad online and Walking Dead on DVR...so the television station they originate from isn't as prominent to me. Funny, funny - I bet that was someone in the background snickering.

I saw the Eagle on breaking bad, but didn't notice an AMC on Walking Dead...

Prafeston

« Reply #444 on: July 07, 2012, 02:27:54 PM »
The AMC on walking dead is an old cherokee. I don't think I remember an Eagle in breaking bad though. There was a gremlin in heroes for a few episodes.

Offline thereverendbill

• Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
« Reply #445 on: July 07, 2012, 06:02:12 PM »
The AMC on walking dead is an old cherokee. I don't think I remember an Eagle in breaking bad though. There was a gremlin in heroes for a few episodes.
season 1 episode 12 for the breaking bad eagle (wagon) ...... there is a FSJ that is one of the main character's cars as well
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline Euphonical

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #446 on: July 09, 2012, 12:10:49 PM »
Ahhh yes! I never do think of Jeeps as AMC...so I'd miss that one even if I was looking LOL. <must change mind set...AMC made more than just Eagles  :-[>

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
« Reply #447 on: July 11, 2012, 10:36:16 AM »
Hunter on Hulu again. Season 3, episode 11. 3 Jeeps used in that one.

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #448 on: July 18, 2012, 03:04:13 AM »
i was watching the movie Bad Boys today and there is a gold gremlin in it. it unfortunately is used in a crash scene and gets beat up pretty bad after getting hit by the bad guys who are driving a ford bronco it is then struck a second time by a large four door.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #449 on: July 21, 2012, 02:57:17 PM »
i was watching the movie Bad Boys today and there is a gold gremlin in it.

Which Bad Boys?   as there's three movies called bad boys (one's from finland, so I doubt it's that one).

There's Bad Boys (1995) with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112442/)

Or there's Bad Boys (1983) With Sean Penn and Clancy Brown and Ally Sheedy (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085210/)

When you guys post these, I usually try to look them up on You tube, or Hulu, or where ever I can find them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk