News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 12:10:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New 85 eagle wagon 258 owner  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Slime

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
New 85 eagle wagon 258 owner
« on: February 18, 2020, 09:14:31 AM »
I’ve been looking for an eagle wagon for a while and over the weekend finally was able to get my hands on one. Couldn’t turn it down, especially because I could actually get in it and drive it to it’s new home that day! I don’t do a lot of driving everyday so my plan with this gem is to make it a daily driver / rolling project car.

Not much wrong with this beauty, leaf spring needs replaced (yes the actual leaf spring which I found odd myself), doesn’t like to go into reverse until it’s warmed up, and the ac compressor bearing is chirping. I will be posting about this in the respected discussions if you have any words of advise for me.

Really looking forward to my journey with this screamin eagle.

Offline Taylor

• Administrator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 34
Re: New 85 eagle wagon 258 owner
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 12:15:54 PM »
Great looking Eagle, excellent score. Welcome to the forums.
2010 Toyota Rav4 pack mule
1985 AMC Eagle Limited Wagon 🖖🏼🦅
2020 Honda Africa Twin the long haul trucker

Offline rohnk2

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
Re: New 85 eagle wagon 258 owner
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 12:23:34 PM »
Hey Slime! Nice to see you joined up here.

Nice find on the wagon. I'm sure you'll enjoy it very much as you get into your mods and repairs.

For leaf springs, I purchased from Strengel Bros years ago for my SX/4. They will do a custom arch in case you want a little extra lift to the rear end.

Depending on the condition of your AC pump, you can order these through Autozone and some other places. You'll need to know which compressor you have. I think they run around $300 for a drop in replacement. Otherwise you might be able to get the bearing out and replace it yourself. Be sure to check the condition of your hoses!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk