News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 07:56:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Installing late model gm seats into eagle Wagon  (Read 3179 times)

Offline rommel1940

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Installing late model gm seats into eagle Wagon
« on: April 03, 2017, 05:57:13 PM »
I will soon post all my information on doing this project.This is my first write, still learning,  will fine tune my post.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 06:14:56 PM by rommel1940 »
1984 Eagle Limited

Offline rommel1940

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Re: Installing late model gm seats into eagle Wagon
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 06:04:10 PM »
On the drivers side I simply unbolted the eagle power seat base from the eagle seat.I removed the stock seat tracks from the 99 Malibu seat, then I used 2 8th inch thick  pieces for brackets across the bottom on the gm seat. I drilled new holes and screwed the eagle base to the gm seat. Then I test fitted, I had to move the seat tracks over some to center the seat better.Then I made a cut out and mounted the power controls to the seat.Done with drivers nice sturdy seat.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 08:53:32 PM by rommel1940 »
1984 Eagle Limited

Offline rommel1940

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 06:06:54 PM »
Another picture
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 06:13:53 PM by rommel1940 »
1984 Eagle Limited

Offline rommel1940

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 07:23:17 PM »
The passenger side took a little more work. But basically the same idea. Except the first time I fit the seat it was way too high and crooked. So I removed the inner eagle rail and bolted the track directly to the gm seat, this lowered the seat within a inch or so to the factory height, then I had to slide the seat to the leftside of the bracket to center the seat better.Overall it worked out pretty good. The gm seats are a good chioce because they have easily removable seat tracks, and the seat bottom is flat. Also it takes less than ten minutes to remove the seats from the gm doner car, just 2 bolts on the rear of each seat.If you get power seats from a gm car you will need a power source to power the seat forward to access the rear bolts, there usually covered in the normal driving position,  not a issue with manual seats.I used manual 99 Malibu seats, I looked at late 90s impalas, saturns, buicks, olds, etc., they all were the same in the way they mounted to the oem car and how there seat tracks come off, just 4 half inch nuts.Edit I cut the eagle passenger seat frame out of the seat and welded the right side to my new bracket, left side is bolted like drivers seat.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 08:51:45 PM by rommel1940 »
1984 Eagle Limited

Offline rommel1940

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 07:24:11 PM »
Almosted finished passenger seat,, note had to mod this a little, cut original eagle frame off left side of seat, ,bolted eagle track directly to gm seat, this lowered and straighten the seat. and finished install.I would recommend that people measure twice, because I'm lazy and it took me twice as long as it should of had.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 09:02:46 PM by rommel1940 »
1984 Eagle Limited

Offline Eagleearl

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 08:13:57 AM »
Great job! Thanks for the write-up.

Offline Draekon

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 22
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 07:32:35 PM »
Do the GM seats sit higher than the stock Eagle seats? or are they at about the same level?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk