News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 08:02:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1985 Eagle Sedan Fleet model project  (Read 30420 times)

Offline TEagle85

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
Re: 1985 Eagle Sedan Fleet model project
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2016, 01:24:57 PM »
Well not really a official "Chicago Chapter". Just Beaverseagle and I. But we can make it happen. Good excuse to have some sweet patches or decal for the cars. Ive see a couple others rolling around in the Chicago area. Not sure if they are a "enthusiast" though.

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2016, 11:31:17 PM »
hey TEagle, what did you do with all of the emissions stuff you pulled off your car? Do you still have any of it. I'm looking for the solenoid trio that sat across the back of the valve cover. thanks, gz

Offline TEagle85

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2016, 12:19:13 PM »
Untitled by T A, on Flickr
amcfoo1, this thing?

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2016, 11:33:53 PM »
yes, that's it. If you don't want it, and any of the other stuff, Put it in a box and ship it to me. I will be happy to pay you for it, and your time, and shipping to 24017. thanks, gz
except for the pulse air pieces.

Offline TEagle85

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2016, 03:02:53 PM »

I can ship you all of this if you want. Or let me know what you want out of there. Its about everything I have left.

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2016, 11:42:27 PM »
hi, ill take it, does that include the three solenoid trio in the first picture? thanks gz how much would you like?

Offline Beaverseagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2016, 01:11:57 PM »
Chicago Chapter, Yes!  I thought it would never happen.  :)  The sedan looks awesome!
82 SX4 258 w/ 2 inch lift 235 tires and TBI kit.

Offline TEagle85

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2017, 02:52:52 PM »
The Eagle has been nesting for the last 4-5 months. I had carb issues and went crazy rebuilding 2 others in the process. I have Gronks kit plus two AMC MC2100 carbs. One for parts and one to rebuild. Figure a original would be better then the Chinese version. I never got to testing it out but in the process spent a few hundred buying rebuild kits and a kit to add a better brass bushing insert in to the carb body where the butterfly flaps pivot.  I know the parts are good. Just having a hard time tuning.

So while I was thinking about that I took the head off the engine and brought it back to the builders so they could check it out since I was having oil burning issues over the summer after a full motor rebuild. They said it looked fine and added better valve seals. I have a suspicion they did mess something up, hopefully took care of it and sent my on my way.

I have the checked head back on the block and the valve cover on. Next I need to attach manifolds. I picked up a Offenhauser for $100. Its from a older motor with the other exhaust manifold. Found that out the hard way. So the mounting platforms are different heights between the intake and exhaust.

Here are some pictures of the solution, figure it might help someone out. After trying a few different ideas I saw something similar to this on another site.

I gave up on the carb. So the car will sit until I save enough for a self tuning EFI kit. $$$$$$ but I cant wait to not mess with carbs again. Plus all the other benefits of EFI

Its a 4 barrel for a 4.2 off ebay. I figure with the offy intake should add a little power as well. Next I need to rebuild the front and rear 3.31 differentials I picked up, that will most likely be a late summer project. 

Offline TEagle85

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2017, 02:20:45 PM »

Got the EFI in. Runs like a champ. Better then ever and I haven't even test drove it yet. I ran a new exhaust last night with a flowmaster to quite it a bit but its still loud. not as bad as the glass pack with a deeper tone. I like it.

Only thing left to do is run my cable for the kickdown lever on the trans. Should be straight forward. Ill update this more with some process and stuff thats under the hood and car.

Pretty pumped on this system. Pretty trick touch screen too. You can view all data live and adjust a lot of the settings. Highly recommended so far. Ask me again in 1000 miles, hopefully I feel the same.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 02:37:59 PM by TEagle85 »

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2017, 11:02:24 PM »
Wow, that looks fantastic. I can't wait for to hear how it drives.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline amarshall

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 16
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2017, 02:43:04 PM »
Same here, looks crazy good.   Very clean install, you must have put a lot of time into everything.
Wanted:  More time to work on my Eagle!

1988 Eagle Wagon - Overlander Build
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=45852.0

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2017, 11:17:11 AM »
I'm jealous!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline TEagle85

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2017, 11:32:22 AM »
So far so good. That bog when accelerating is completely gone, I can press the peddle down as far and as fast as I like without issues. Its driving exactly how I wanted so far. Acceleration is sooooo much better.  The computer is still "learning" and if I slam the gas long enough it has a so slight sputter. Cool thing is at the red light you go to your touch screen on the dash, go to "fuel parameters"  and click up a couple notches on the "accelerating fuel" option. Then good to go.

Only issue I see is it runs hot. Thats probably because of a few things.

1.   no fan shroud (yet)
2. the water temp sensor is in the thermostat housing. Grabbed one from a 95 Jeep. so guessing its a little hotter there

the temp gauge on the dash reads cold at the same time though.   running average of 203 deg on the computer screen. so should be fine.

Going to drive it 100 miles this afternoon to go camping so that will the next test.

Lots of compliments on the streets in Chicago. Got stopped 100 feet form my house and a guy was yelling how that was his dream car when he was a kid.
yesterday at the car wash the owner asked what kind of car it was.   He thought it was Japanese and I had to explain American Motors to him.  After he gave me tokens for a free wash. haha. 

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2017, 12:46:22 PM »
I'm jealous just like Rafe!  Fuel injection would be just what I need to go to the mountains in my Eagle.  Looks awesome too!  Glad to hear its running so well.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2017, 10:44:40 AM »
hi, glad you got the coolest car in America back on the road. Is that the Fitech setup? good luck, gz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk