The Shop > Question and Answer

Vacuum shift actuator

(1/3) > >>

Papimotors:
hello

Does anybody know where to get new Vacuum actuator Motors for front axle and transfer case ?

Are they both the same ?

rmick:
They are different. You could lock in the front and change the vacuum plumbing to shift on the fly if you can't find a replacement.
http://amceaglesden.com/guide/Front_Axle_Lock

Artmodels:
And isn't it that the ones that have the select drive button can be towed by front tires  tow dolly if it is in 2wd mode?

Taylor:
The only way to flat tow any 4wheel drive vehicle, would be to place the transfer case in neutral. None of the Eagle’s have that capability. It can be done if the drive shafts are removed.

Artmodels:
If you put the dash selector into 2wd, from what I see in the t case, the throughput to transmission still spins the output shaft of the transmission, but the front drive chain in the t case is not engaged and not spinning.  Wouldnt this be the same as just driving in 2wd mode, if rear tires are turning without being engaged to the front axle?  Then, it would be like any regular vehicle tow, where you put transmission into neutral?

Or is there something else that is happening inside the t case that I'm missing?  I know there is the silicone limited slip unit, but if chain is not spinning anyway in 2wd mode, isn't it immaterial if front wheels are also spinning(like when you are regular driving?)

What am I missing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version