The Shop > Inside Your Eagle

84 Eagle Wagon sun visor thread pitch?

(1/1)

Navarone:
My car came without sun visors so I bought some from a square body chevy. What thread pitch and length should I use to hold them on?

Somewhat related, the battery tray hold down bolt/clamp was missing so I grabbed a random junk yard clamp but none of the bolts I tried from the hardware store fit the battery tray threads. They all got chewed up. I tired 5/16 18, 8mmx1.0 and 8mmx1.25

If it's supposed to be one of those, should I just chase the threads with a tap?

Thanks!

AMC of Houston:
Per the parts books:

Visor screw is a J4005789, which was a #10 Torx-head sheet metal screw, 16 thread pitch, 3/4" long.   Phillips head screws work fine too.

There are 2 Battery hold-down bolt choices:

J4006364 for the plastic block; 5/16 x 18, 1.38" long

J4003556 for the metal block; 5/16 x 18, 1.25" long

Navarone:
Great, thanks!

Is that book available online? I'll have lots of little things like this to search for.

Right now I have the battery bracket held on with a 1/4-20 nut and bolt through the original hole. Think that'll be fine or should I try to get a 5/16-18 tap and a single bolt?

AMC of Houston:
The Eagle parts manual is here on the Den somewhere; tho I can't remember how to get there.  That'll get you the part numbers.  Then you need the "Jeep/Eagle Standard Parts" book to get the specs for the particular part number.   I don't think that book is on the Den anywhere - but I have a personal copy in my stash of AMC manuals.    They're kind of scarce, but I see one on ebay right now:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144484816887?hash=item21a3f757f7:g:eX8AAOSwPU5iRx3N

Navarone:
Ah, got it. I couldn't find a detailed description of part numbers in the den's wiki, but then even with the part number the internet didn't have any details either.

That ebay link is a good lead, hopefully someone has scanned and archived it somewhere. Thanks!

I got the visors installed, the square body visor brackets are pretty close but not perfect. Usable though, so not really a problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version