News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 07, 2024, 03:47:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Javelin Spotted  (Read 4144 times)

Prafeston

Javelin Spotted
« on: February 24, 2012, 07:56:50 PM »
This Javelin has been parked in the same spot for some time and I pass it several times a day. Today I pulled in to hopefully talk to the owner. I don't see a lot of AMCs around so figured we could shoop the poop, but he/she either wasn't there or didn't answer the door. Snagged a few pics before I took off though.

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
Re: Javelin Spotted
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 08:33:14 PM »
I will never get sick of seeing a Javelin.  They are awesome cars.

Prafeston

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 09:18:25 PM »
I'm gonna leave a note on the car one of these days. Us AMCers have to stick together! :)

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 09:21:10 PM »
I'm gonna leave a note on the car one of these days. Us AMCers have to stick together! :)

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 07:28:58 AM »
I don't think I have ever seen the chrome trim on the back like that around the trunk bottom lip and onto the fenders.It looks like front eyebrow trim reversed. I had a 73 Plum Crazy Javalin/AMX , loved it but the floors rotted out, put a 401 in it, but got no further.Sold it to fund my 68 AMX.

Offline jeepjerry

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 12:01:50 PM »
I don't think I have ever seen the chrome trim on the back like that around the trunk bottom lip and onto the fenders.It looks like front eyebrow trim reversed. I had a 73 Plum Crazy Javalin/AMX , loved it but the floors rotted out, put a 401 in it, but got no further.Sold it to fund my 68 AMX.

The cars without rear spoilers had no chrome trim on the back. You can tell when spoilers are added if the chrome is still there on the sides and they notched out the spoiler to fit over it.

That car looks pretty nice to just be sitting there.

Prafeston

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 12:20:29 PM »

Yeah, and I think it's owned by a student. I've passed by it probably 100+ times and I've only seen it not parked there like twice. And it's on this strange hill driveway and he backs it in from the main road...doubt he gets it out much...this house is like .2 miles from campus though so he really doesn't have much need to drive it.

Offline jeepjerry

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 11:33:46 PM »

Yeah, and I think it's owned by a student. I've passed by it probably 100+ times and I've only seen it not parked there like twice. And it's on this strange hill driveway and he backs it in from the main road...doubt he gets it out much...this house is like .2 miles from campus though so he really doesn't have much need to drive it.

Thats too bad. I'd be proud to drive that car anywhere. I wish my '72 javy looked that good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk