The Shop > Altered Eagles

AMC-258 I6 to AMC-290 V8

(1/5) > >>

SX/290:
I have a nice 290 V8 that would look sweet in my SX/4.

I have dub'd this project "SX/290" So what kind of fun is it to swap an AMC-V8 into an eagle ? ? ?

Mike

Pat:
Mike, I'm planning to get a 360 in mine. The guy to talk to here is Hyper Eagle (Terry). Here's some info that may help you. Have the 360, just a matter of "Gettin, 'r done". You could also talk to Mavericke, he has the M.E.N.S. (Midwest Eagle Nest Sanctuary). He's planning to put a 360 in his also.

http://forums.amceaglenest.com/index.php?topic=20975.0

SX/290:
Coolness, I'm going to use a 290 instead it was for my Comanche shortbed 2WD but I changed my mind and with an AMC-343 for that . . . So the AMC-290 is going in the Eagle.

Like the short deck high compression era AMC-V8s myself 290/343/390 10.2:1 compression factory.

Now I'll have the whole set :-)
Mike

Sunny:
My plan if I get an Eagle has always been a V8 swap.. Although I'm leaning more towards SBC, just because AMC V8 parts here are way too expensive, and the SBC has an insanely huge aftermarket..

One thing I noticed on a few sites when I was finding swap info, is that no one mentioned any cooling upgrades or anything... I would definitely upgrade the rad, maybe electric fans?

From what I gather, it's not THAT hard of a swap if you can weld and do a little bit of fab work... but I really don't know, you'll have to get someone else to chime in.

1OldFordMan is right though. Anytime I read something on an AMC V8 swap, HyperEagle's name came up.

SX/290:
As a kid I ran SBC's all the time, Course I blew them up about as fast as ya could bolt them in . . .

I never had a problem building an AMC-V8, I have found they tend to last me 3x longer then SBC's and were about the same price to build.

Just gotta know the right people ;-)

Maybe this person will notice the thread ;)
Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version