The Shop > Altered Eagles

When, why and how to raise the wagon?

(1/3) > >>

Numbnuts:
Specifics on how to raise the wagon?
Hey guys can anyone out there give specific "how to" information on how to go about lifting my 1983 wagon?
I understand it requires modifications, BUT WHAT? I understand it cost $$$ So what? LETS GO!
My engine is blown, so would this not be a really good time to swap out both engine and do a solid axle swap?
Yes, no, maybe???

Hey, Lifted Eagle, Roll Guy, and Big Guy 45, you guys out there?

How do I do this ? What do I need ? Do I need to rebuild the original engine or replace it with something else to drive the new front axle ?

Let's name, names, give year models, size, weight, lengths and parts numbers and get this project rolling.
Otherwise, I have a mint condition 83 wagon with a blown engine, for sale. Anyone interested?

guitar eagle:
it would definitley be easier to do the axle without the motor in it cause your ifs suspension pretty much is your motor mount. therefor you have to fab actual motor mounts along with the rest of the project.

Demigawd:
well how high are you looking to raise it?

rollguy:

--- Quote from: Numbnuts on December 01, 2009, 03:00:21 AM ---Specifics on how to raise the wagon?
Hey guys can anyone out there give specific "how to" information on how to go about lifting my 1983 wagon?
I understand it requires modifications, BUT WHAT? I understand it cost $$$ So what? LETS GO!
My engine is blown, so would this not be a really good time to swap out both engine and do a solid axle swap?
Yes, no, maybe???

How do I do this ? What do I need ? Do I need to rebuild the original engine or replace it with something else to drive the new front axle ?

Let's name, names, give year models, size, weight, lengths and parts numbers and get this project rolling.
Otherwise, I have a mint condition 83 wagon with a blown engine, for sale. Anyone interested?

--- End quote ---
It depends on what your final goal is and your fabricating skills.  I built my SX4 for hard core rock crawling, and the body shows how well it does (or my lack of driving skills).  If you just want it to look cool going down the road, that is easy as there is no need for a radical suspension. My son and I built the '85 Sport wagon  (ROTM winner) just for the "Cool" factor, not ever wanting to 'wheel it.  As far as step by step instructions, they are located in many of the threads on this forum.  The best way is to read ALL of the threads on the subject and view the photos.  You can then get an idea of how much work is involved, and how much of that work you want to take on yourself knowing your own skills. Mick may even have a kit by now to do a straight axle conversion.  There are also ways to raise the car without going with straight axles.  I would still like to see someone use a Cherokee as a donor (drivetrain and suspension), and make their Eagle look stock using all of the Cherokee suspension.  Regardless of how you do it, the most and BEST information can be found right here on this forum.....Rich

rollguy:

--- Quote from: Numbnuts on December 01, 2009, 03:00:21 AM ---

--- End quote ---
Add Animal, Mick, and joshpit2003 to your list as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version