News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 12, 2024, 02:25:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ESPO leaf springs flattened?  (Read 52261 times)

Offline AMCKen

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 13
    • American Motors Club of Alberta
Re: ESPO leaf springs flattened?
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2011, 11:30:55 AM »
In my experience, Eagle rear leafs usually are pretty flat in normal position. Concord and Spirit will still have some arch left but not Eagles.

con
39Master85w.partscar,67Marlin343,68AMX343,70Machine,73Matador2drht401,
73-74-75-76GremlinXs,75PacerX,76Hornet2dsd,76-77Matadorcpes,
2-77AMXs304,78AMX304,78GremlinGT,78Concordsw,79Concordhb,79PacerDL304,
2-79AMXs304/401,2-80AMXs258/401,80SpiritDL304, 80Eagle4dsdn,3-81SX4s,
81SpiritGT,2-81Concord4dsd,82Eaglesw,2-85Eaglesw,2-80J20/360,85J10/258,2-88Eaglesw,
94Sentra2dsd   (42)

Offline Eagle1984

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #106 on: October 17, 2011, 01:38:01 AM »
Does http://www.stengelbros.com/ still not charge shipping or do they charge now. Will the higher weight rated springs not wear out as fast or badly as the normal ones. Trying to figure if the higher cost is worth it.

rohnk

« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2012, 09:49:03 PM »
Anybody have updates on springs they have purchased? I'm looking to get a set and would like to get the best quality that I can. I plan to put in a helper spring or add-a-leaf if I have too. I just don't want to buy some junk springs that go flat in 6 months.

Offline TLC87Eagle

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2012, 12:06:31 AM »
My springs from Stengel Brothers have held up well. They've been on there for almost 2 years now with no sag. I got the 525 lb load ones, and used ESPO's shackle kit, which is about an inch longer shackle than stock, and works well with the front springs from ESPO. Many people say the ESPO springs raised their front end higher than the rear, but I actually have a little higher stance in the rear because of the longer shackles. They give a firm but comfortable ride and have a decent spring rate for a little bit better handling too with the KYB shocks I put on all four corners.
1987 Eagle Wagon Limited

rohnk

« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2012, 09:05:47 PM »
I ordered a custom set from Stengell today. I asked for the standard pack they have listed on the website and asked for an extra leaf to be added. They were $150 a piece to set them up this way and they will give me about an inch lift over stock. These are for the SX/4 by the way. I'm sure it is similar for the wagon and sedan.

Their springs are rated at 540lbs as a four pack and with the extra leaf I should be close to 570lbs or better. That will stiffen the ride a bit but help with the big bumps.  ;)

1982AMCCONCORD

« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2012, 06:21:40 PM »
Hey everyone...

I did not read through this entire thread but I just wanted to let everyone know where I had my springs done at. I had my rear springs redone over 10 years ago and I had them custom made by a place called Babcock Spring in Milwaukee, WI.

http://www.babcockspring.com/

They have been great and they propped up the back end up in the air perfect.... but they were so stiff they cracked one of the rear mounting plates on the drivers side... so that side sags a bit... but the other side is awesome. I can't wait to get the other side fixed.

Anyway... they are a great place to get spring at... east to work with and very high quality.

JB

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2012, 06:35:56 PM »
Been there. very professioal work.

Manitowoc WI

1982AMCCONCORD

« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2012, 08:00:18 PM »
Ah... cool... They really were great to work with... and they make a spring specifically for the sagging AMC's!! 

Been there. very professioal work.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk