News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 20, 2024, 10:15:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: auto floor shifter  (Read 2943 times)

86wagon

auto floor shifter
« on: January 29, 2011, 07:23:33 AM »
my shifter is very stiff.....tranny shop is doing alittle work and "my guy" says i need to loose the shifter up?  should i pull it an lube rebuild, replace??????

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
Re: auto floor shifter
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 07:26:06 AM »
Pull it and diagnose the problem first

Manitowoc WI

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 08:25:43 AM »
By stiff do you mean its hard to run through the gears or its hard to disengage it with the button to get it out of park or reverse?
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

86wagon

Re: auto floor shifter/ throttle rod
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 07:00:55 AM »
ok so i need the laymans version of throttle rod adjustment...i had to fab the bracket but at some point a webber was put on my bird and the linkage has been altered if i pull the rod all the way forward should the roller part of the bracket be adjusted to the frount stop or back stop and should i put a spring on to bring it to rest in the forward position?

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 08:40:50 PM »
Did you read the one in our AMC Eaglepedia?  The second part of this TSM article:

http://www.amceaglenest.com/~iowaeagl/guide/index.php?title=Throttle_Cable/Rod_Adjustment_-_4_%26_6_Cylinder_Cars
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

86wagon

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 09:37:49 PM »
thankyou yes i saw that write up i guess i just had to read it acouple times i'll try it in the am.  any idea if the is a supplier for wheel hubs not sure if i can get everything apart with out damage.  the guy at the ammco shop said if the shifter is stiff it will affect the shifting?  i'm also looking for a replacement tranny pan i'm going to drop the pan and change filter and see if i can adjust bans while its open.....can i replace the seal on the throttle rod while it open or is that done from the outside?  i love this site by the way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk