News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 06:27:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CV Axle, spring, everything is stupid  (Read 2090 times)

Offline v0rt3x86

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 16
  • Day at the Beach
    • MySpace
CV Axle, spring, everything is stupid
« on: April 05, 2020, 11:43:56 AM »
I'm using voice to text because I'm on my phone so I'm sorry for any grammar issues. I need to get new half shafts, springs, bushings, etc for the front. I was wondering about the javelin springs, S10 axles, etc.

What year S10 axles? All the posts I saw just said S10 but it didn't say what year.

Has anyone done a custom control arm setup and longer half shafts so that you can lessen that crazy angle?

Aside from custom creations, has anyone found swingarm parts that would cross over that, in conjunction with a longer half shaft, you could widen the front end? I was thinking of what it would be like to run front wheel drive style wheels with a much longer swing in the front so that you could use suspension parts from other vehicles (just as an example.)

I'm not trying to create a Jay Leno special or anything, but if I'm going to spend $150 on two dampers, I might as well spend a few hundred more to get a front end that doesn't suck 😅 For example, today I learned that you can machine out the knuckles so that you can use XJ? hub assemblies.

I'm spoiled - in the Mazdaspeed community, there is a bunch of crazy :censored: that goes down that I really miss (like 400+whp stock block 2.3L.)

Pls halp

Offline CaliEagle97

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Re: CV Axle, spring, everything is stupid
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 10:45:21 AM »
I recently found one of my half shafts to be busted, and went searching for a replacement. I found that partsgeek.com carries them under their part # 6580-05365330. Bought a pair, and will be installing them this coming weekend so i'll let you know on how well it goes. Not sure about a custom control arm setup or longer half shafts however
Be groovy or leave, man

Offline TheBirdman

• huffs gear oil
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 12
  • that noise? that ll go away.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 01:08:52 PM »
The v8 javelin springs work great. I keep hearing that itll sit crooked, but I never noticed it.
83 eagle wagon 4.0

Offline CaliEagle97

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 01:38:03 PM »
Last year I bought the Standard duty, factory A/C, 6 Cyl, Auto trans Springs from www.amclives. and recently installed the aforementioned CV half shaft from parts geek and it gave me a slight lift, enough to level the front end from my factory sagging springs and clear the corner of my fenders with the 215/75R15 Toyo Open Country III's that I am running. The axle is still at a bit of an angle but it isn't enough for me to be concerned. I can post pictures later today when I get home
Be groovy or leave, man

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk