News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 05:16:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rusty cowl panel, any ideas?  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Mauieagle80

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
Rusty cowl panel, any ideas?
« on: February 01, 2020, 10:16:05 PM »
My cowl panel is very rusty. The windshield edge is nearly gone and the passenger side wiper mount is all rusted out. I have found that reproduction cowl panels dont exist atleast anymore. My fabrication skills arent really up to making an entire panel. And since i live in hawaii a junkyard source is not around. If anyone has a source for a panel or one on a parts car they can part with I would love to buy it.

Or if anybody has any other wild ideas I'm open to hearing it.

Offline djm3452004

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 18
Re: Rusty cowl panel, any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 06:13:12 PM »
My cowl panel is very rusty. The windshield edge is nearly gone and the passenger side wiper mount is all rusted out. I have found that reproduction cowl panels dont exist atleast anymore. My fabrication skills arent really up to making an entire panel. And since i live in hawaii a junkyard source is not around. If anyone has a source for a panel or one on a parts car they can part with I would love to buy it.

Or if anybody has any other wild ideas I'm open to hearing it.

It may help for us to see a photo or two of your car to see what section(s) you would be needing.  Depending on the size of the panel, shipping to Hawaii would not be a pleasant price.

Thanks!
David
Current Project: 1983 Eagle Wagon 258
Past AMC Project(s):  1979 Spirit Liftback 232
                                1968 Ambassador 287

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk