News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 06:28:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Utah lifted SX4  (Read 6501 times)

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
Utah lifted SX4
« on: December 24, 2013, 04:21:18 PM »
Recently, I drove my big Eagle to Nevada for work. I pulled my trailer with my dirt bike hoping I could ride Moab on the way back. Due to a December snowstorm, I didn't get to ride. However, when I was passing through Salt Lake City on my way home, a guy stopped me in a Home Depot parking lot and couldn't believe he was looking at a lifted AMC Eagle. He said he has a SX4 that was modified. He said back in early 2000 he told a friend who worked for a tow company, if he came across an Eagle, that he wanted it. Well, he got the call that he had one and he went to look at it. He was shocked. He was expecting a wagon and that's all he thought existed. When he saw the SX4 he was excited. He only had to pay $75 for it and it ran and drove, but it had some issues. He came across a 75 Cherokee for $500 and proceeded to remove the body, cut off some of the back of the frame and cut the frame in the middle and shortened it a bit and put the SX4 body on the Cherokee frame. It has a 360 with a 4 speed and Dana 300. He emailed me these pics.

1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
Re: Utah lifted SX4
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 05:50:02 PM »
That things is pretty beefed up! And a 2 door sedan lifted in the last pic! Cool!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 06:16:51 PM »
Eaglefreek, did he tell you anything about the coupe in the last picture?  I saw a coupe listed for sale in Salt Lake City on Craigslist this summer, and was trying to buy it, but the owner dropped out of sight.  Here is a picture of that one:

1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 07:39:41 PM »
Eaglefreek, did he tell you anything about the coupe in the last picture?  I saw a coupe listed for sale in Salt Lake City on Craigslist this summer, and was trying to buy it, but the owner dropped out of sight. 

No, I had replied with some questions, one of them about the sedan and I haven't heard back.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 02:06:53 AM »
Dave, looks like the same car to me!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 06:43:09 PM »
Don't mean to bring back up a dead thread but I'm really liking the way he reused the center section of the old grille from the Cherokee on the SX4.
84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk