News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 17, 2024, 06:16:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 4.0 exhaust on 4.2 head?  (Read 2384 times)

Offline kajsdf

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
4.0 exhaust on 4.2 head?
« on: April 06, 2012, 03:28:09 PM »
i have the short header fr the 4.0 7120 head sitting around waiting for the engine build and an exhaust currently in use that needs attention. does the 4.0 header fit the 4.2 head? i have no issues fabricating the rest of it as long as it fits the head. i also have another 4.2 to test fit on but i'd rather not go through the trouble if anyone else knows or has ideas. thanks
1985 eagle wagon limited
now more limited...
2150 swap...tf727/np229 swap...258 megabuild in the works...

Offline thereverendbill

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
Re: 4.0 exhaust on 4.2 head?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 07:53:58 PM »
it bolts on but you have to modify it cause it will get in the way of the front axle
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline projectscreamingeagle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
Re: 4.0 exhaust on 4.2 head?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 03:20:49 AM »
when i get my gaskets from clifford we will have to remove mine we can try it then and see how it fits in the vehicle lol.... speaking of i still need to call them...
with his claws bearing the screaming eagle will prevale
im not buyist i own an AMC
'is that suppose to go there' - class mate 'I don know... we'll find out' -me

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk