News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 03:19:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Liftgate Solenoid Wiring?  (Read 2908 times)

Offline Draekon

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 22
Liftgate Solenoid Wiring?
« on: March 23, 2011, 04:18:34 PM »
I'm in the process of attempting to add a liftgate release solenoid to my SX4.  I have the actual motor installed, but am a little unclear on the wiring.  The TSM says that the current is fed to the motor through a contact assembly.  I see the solenoid half of it, but am wondering what the other side of it is supposed to be like.  Is it just a metal piece with a wire attached?

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
Re: Liftgate Solenoid Wiring?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 04:20:17 PM »
A brass looking strip on the motor side and a pin that makes contact with it on the lift gate.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline Draekon

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 22
Re: Liftgate Solenoid Wiring?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 10:20:22 PM »
Thanks!  I'll have to try and fab something up along those lines.  I have the pin, but no contact strip.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk