News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 12:40:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Body side trim  (Read 2325 times)

Offline Jim Bailey

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
Body side trim
« on: August 19, 2017, 11:09:23 AM »
I am considering (maybe) adding wood grain to my Eagle wagon, but I will need to source some trim moldings to make it look right. The pictures I have of woodies show an upper trim that runs to the rear and then turns down and joins the lower chrome trim. Are these available outside of a junk yard or can they be reproduced and if so, by whom. Thanks for any help or direction (or perhaps criticism for doing something dumb).

Offline AMC of Houston

• The only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history.
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 86
    • American Motors Club of Houston
Re: Body side trim
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 12:02:50 PM »
Those trim bits are genuine rolled/stamped metal; so reproducing them would drain the bank account in short order.   Best thing I could think of is some of that generic stick-on plastic chrome-look "bump strip" trim you buy on a roll at Walmart.   Would have to mitre-cut the corners, but it maybe could work.
George G.
'81 Eagle Sundancer
'85 Eagle Waggie
1960 1902 Rambler Replica
'64 American
'70 AMX (Big Bad Blue), '70 AMX (White)
'77 Gremlin
'78 Pacer Coupe, '78 Pacer Wagon
'79 Pacer Wagon
'73 Jensen Interceptor
'86 Audi 5000 Turbo
'98 Aston Martin DB7
'09 Nissan Titan
'10 Nissan Maxima

Offline Jim Bailey

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 01:17:36 PM »
Thanks. I was afraid of that. I will look at the stick on stuff but I think it might be too cheesy even for me.

Offline AMC of Houston

• The only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history.
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 86
    • American Motors Club of Houston
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 04:00:41 PM »
Yep; cheesy with a capital C!!    I see a lot of that stuff on the donked-out drug dealer cars running around the campus in San Marcos!   I did see a whole set of the genuine Eagle trim on Ebay a few weeks back; so there is hope some may pop up down the road!
George G.
'81 Eagle Sundancer
'85 Eagle Waggie
1960 1902 Rambler Replica
'64 American
'70 AMX (Big Bad Blue), '70 AMX (White)
'77 Gremlin
'78 Pacer Coupe, '78 Pacer Wagon
'79 Pacer Wagon
'73 Jensen Interceptor
'86 Audi 5000 Turbo
'98 Aston Martin DB7
'09 Nissan Titan
'10 Nissan Maxima

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 07:30:53 PM »
You can get higher quality stick on trim from a body parts supplier or on line.  We used some of the stick on stuff on my Kammback when it was repainted this spring, along the top edge of the black stripe  towards the bottom of the door. 

1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk