News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 01:32:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How's it Going Den!!??  (Read 3471 times)

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
How's it Going Den!!??
« on: December 06, 2015, 01:46:25 PM »
Long time no see! Hope everyone is still doing good! Been awhile since I've poked my head in. Penny is still broken, but I hope to start working on it this winter. I think I'll just end up taking the engine out and solving this oil delivery issue. While it's out I might as well do a rebuild too...but we'll see how that goes. I've also had thoughts of just being a running beat up XJ and swapping everything I need to just go EFI. So many options I can't decide. Right now my poor SX/4 is being used as storage as we live in a half a trailer and have no outdoor storage. Recently had a '93 Econoline 150 given to me and have a buddy using about half of it to store his stuff through the winter. Plan on getting all the extra stuff out of Penny and putting it in the van. It's a start! Internet usage is limited since moving to the desert. So not sure when I'll be back. But thought I'd say hi! I'll try to show me head a little more often.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline AMC1

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 8
Re: How's it Going Den!!??
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 05:20:15 PM »
In a couple of weeks alot of us will be wishing we were living in the desert.
1976 gremlin
pair of 1983 SX4's sports
1946 Cushman step-thru

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 05:25:33 PM »
I nice dry 44 degrees today. Yesterday I think we we almost his 50 and we are supposedly gonna be in the upper 50s in the middle of the week. It's nice to having to wear a winter coat!

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 11:28:50 AM »
It's good to hear from you again Rafe! I wish you good luck on your Eagle, and hope you get it running soon. Maybe in time for the next Eagle Tour?....Rich
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 01:40:26 PM »
That would be ideal to have it ready for next years Eagle Motel Meet!

Offline eaglebeek

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 70
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 09:22:40 AM »
Hi Rafe.  :eagle:
1984 Eagle Wagon, 258, auto, 2.73 gears, daily driver
1983 Eagle Limited Wagon, parts; sold
2000 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0, auto
2007 Hyundai Accent, radical downsize from minivan, wife's car and she loves it!

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."--John W. Gardner, in "Excellence: Can We Be Equal and Excellent Too?" (1961)

Air-conditioning is so cool!

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 11:15:23 AM »
Howdy! The Econoline was moved to my trailer and most of the non-Eagle related things have now been moved out of Penny and into the van. One of the boat mechanics said he'd help me pull the engine sometime. Probably look into moving it down to the Boat Shop sometime after Christmas.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk