News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 19, 2024, 05:36:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Reproduction Parts  (Read 19537 times)

Offline jpgreen

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
Re: Reproduction Parts
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2015, 09:51:05 PM »
When those flaps were mine it seems like I do remember two lines for two different mounting positions(not nessesarily cuts), but when they were jims before me, he had trimmed and mounted them up and in more anyways.

Offline dleberfinger

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 10:53:19 AM »
I overlaid the image that Prafe posted onto my CAD drawing of the mudflaps, then just traced over the cutout and make a few small changes to make it a little better. Now the only other concern I really have is the mounting points.

Is there a set of mounting points on the cars and the original mudflaps, or are they just randomly screwed into the body? If that is the case I will just supply self tapping screws and washer with the mudflaps when I sell them.

Offline jpgreen

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 01:29:38 PM »
It looked pretty random on my car, but I think it tore around some of the scews so that could be why mine was that way.

Offline jpgreen

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2015, 01:31:37 PM »
And I forgot to say those look awsome!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk