Choose style:

Author Topic: Eagle Wagon VS SX4  (Read 3255 times)

Offline youngkyle

• certified license to ill.
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
Re: Eagle Wagon VS SX4
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 12:12:18 PM »
Haha, I don't know why I didn't think of station wagon.  I just say wagon I guess.  Brain :censored:

Offline drock87

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2014, 10:20:36 AM »
I have only had wagons (2). However, I nearly bought a sedan one time, and after thinking about it, I couldn't do it. Part of what makes the car so appealing to me is that it is definitely an active lifestyle vehicle. I put luggage on the roof, bikes and skies in the back, carry my tools to fix the :water reservoir: thing in the back, and can carry four VERY close friends  :occasion14: (not all at the same time, obviously).

(Actually, the car has plenty of room for four; it is amazing really...I am 6'3'' and while it does not have the legroom up front of my Town Car, it is more of an upright seating position and I am actually pretty comfortable...and the rear has maybe only an inch less legroom than a car almost 30 inches longer)

If I bought an SX/4, it would be more of a collector car that I just drive around town......not the workhorse that my wagon is. I've gone back to a newer car and my Eagle, and for wear sake, I drive my (newish) Lincoln mostly, but if I am going biking, hiking, skiing, canoeing, etc...my wagon will be machine to do it.

Finally, I know Rafe mentioned that he has to have wood on his wagons....however, I LOVE my Sport Wagon....to me, it looks the most like what these cars are to us....car-ish creatures with the heart and soul of a Jeep.  :eaglebig:
My list of my cars/toys (or toys at my disposal!)

2007 Lincoln Town Car
1985 AMC Eagle Sportwagon
Trek 4500 Mountain Bike
Kawasaki ZXI 900 jetski
Polaris SLTx jetski
1962 Cruisers Inc Mahagany Outboard

I like to to tell people my Eagle is like a Ferrari. It's quirky, tempermental, border-line exotic, and something you don't see everyday.  See? Makes perfect sense....

Click for Akron, Ohio Forecast" height="90" width="160

Offline Draekon

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 22
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2014, 12:06:50 PM »
I love my SX/4.  Its a fun sport car that can go anywhere.  But if I were to buy another Eagle, it would probably be a wagon, so that I could actually carry people and sporting equipment.  But in order for a wagon to look the way I'd want it to, it would need a good amount of lift and some bigger tires, probably more than the 2" the IFS can handle.

Offline priya

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 132
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2014, 01:15:05 PM »
I've had both.  I didn't notice any difference in steering or ride quality between the two but there was 15 years between drives in them.  The wagon is a nice practical vehicle and the SX/4 is more of a toy/sports car.   The SX/4 is quite a bit faster than the wagon but I don't know how much of that is due to the lighter weight or the performance upgrades to the motor.   With just me and my husband the SX/4 is all we need and its my favourite because of the way it looks.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 01:19:03 PM by priya »

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 471
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2014, 01:23:00 PM »
Despite being the same from the A pillar forward.  They are two completely different cars.  The wagon is practical and smooth riding.  The SX/4 is for fun and is basically a two passenger car.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2014, 02:41:49 PM »
SW = Station Wagon.  An archaic designation.  For some reasons the SX/4 steering seems more precise.  I don't know why.

Shorter wheelbase and less weight will do that
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline amcfool1

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 22
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2015, 07:41:35 PM »
hi, my favourite is the 4dr sedan! compact yet full size, elegant roofline, 4 doors for friends, it';s ALL good! gz

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2016, 01:56:03 AM »
The stock wagon suspension is too wussy and sloppy. Mine is more like a ralley car with a little extra junk in the trunk.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.