News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 06:34:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Just Bought 1982 Concord  (Read 12732 times)

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
Re: Just Bought 1982 Concord
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 04:29:17 PM »
when I had my transmission rebuilt some of the holes for the pan were stripped out but when I got it back all of the bolts were good and snug at first I thought that maybe they had tapped the holes but when I pulled the pan to change filters I found out that they had put in some of those helical coil inserts. Seeing as they have worked well for several years now in my transmission I don't see any reason why they wouldn't work for a valve cover or another transmission.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline AMC1

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2017, 10:29:25 AM »
I'll know more today when I get the car off the ground & solidly on the ramps. I put that oversize pan originally in myself & had no problems with bolts & torque. They may have used a air tool to install them but surprisingly they seem to be set about 100 in/lbs not 150. I've never used those helic springs but have previously used the taper & bottom bits on the valve cover with good results.
1976 gremlin
pair of 1983 SX4's sports
1946 Cushman step-thru

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2017, 09:34:16 PM »
So today we got the 2150 carb from EM, and I had a ford dist.  bought the coil on Thursday.

One thing we noticed, is that the car's #5, and #6 were reversed.  No wonder it runs and starts rough.

Got the coil on, the top of the dist, changed out the carb.  set the timing by ear as best I could.

Funny that I didn't need to do the nut bypass, because it already was coming straight from the ignition module, to the dist.  No cutting...

Took off all the pollution gear that I could.   Seems to be running pretty good.  Russ is driving the car home, and he's gonna message me on Facebook and let me know how it did.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 09:35:02 PM by Whuntmore »

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2017, 07:16:00 PM »
So Russ has had nothing but issues.  Running rough, stalling constantly, wire issues, etc.

there were some wire issues to the starter solenoid - those fixed... he changed the starter solenoid, but didn't screw it tight to the body, that fixed, and the same with the main ground going from the battery to the block.  that fixed.

We put the old carter back on, and minus some of the pollution gear, it seems to run much better.  I don't think the 2150 that EM supplied was set up for this attitude or something, cause it's running horrible.  I'm not really that good at setting up carbs, so we just switched it back to the carter.

So, he's just left my garage, and he's off driving home... Hopefully I'll hear that it ran fine.... fingers crossed.

Offline trooper5707

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2017, 07:14:22 PM »
Good luck, keep us posted! The 2100 series is super easy to tune, can give you some tips if you want to go that route.

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2017, 01:27:25 AM »
Good luck, keep us posted! The 2100 series is super easy to tune, can give you some tips if you want to go that route.

I'll keep that in mind if he ever wants to redo it.  thanks.

the Concord is running much better - according to Russ.   So he wants to keep with the carter for now. 

New issue... his heater is leaking, and EM had 2 for replacements.   Russ is gonna have someone else do that job, as I'm gonna be too busy for the next few weeks.   

Otherwise, he's talking about painting it (like backyard paint job), and I know he needs shocks.. or something in the back pass side.

everything else seems to be running ok for now.  I'll keep posting updates as I get them - And pics.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk