News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 11, 2024, 04:20:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How do I install interior tailight cover in SX/4?  (Read 7931 times)

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
  • Ohh look, its an angry Eagle.
    • old betsy
Re: How do I install interior tailight cover in SX/4?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 01:21:07 PM »
I believe the back panel covering the taillights and wiring is the last to be installed.The company wouldn't make you remove all the rear interior panels just to change a tail bulb. Mine is flexible so I just bend it a little, push in certain spots and it slips right in.
I Don't know why. But everybody's always talking about their STI or That guys EVO, I think I'll stick with my old, but reliable AmC. Did I ever tell you I was Full blooded Eagle?

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 01:21:47 PM »
I haven't actually got around to putting those peices back on the sx/4 yet  :-[ . Is it possible to put the back piece on first, I can't remember how they came off? I do remember it was necessary to take one off before the other though, lol.

I initially thought that might be the case after my first failed attempt to install it, but I don't think anymore that that would work.  I think the problem was the first time I installed it I had the right side tilted high, put the lowered left side in the channel and tried to force the right side down into the channel.  This made the overall width too long to fit in between the quarter panel trim pieces as the diagnoal measurement from right lower corner to left upper corner of the tailight cover was longer than the measurement straight across with the panel level.  You want to put the tailight panel in the hatch opening with its bottom paralell to the hatch floor, tilt the bottom of the tailight panel inwards towards the tailight, slide the bottom of the tailight panel into position  in the quarter panel channels, and then tilt the top of the tailight panel intowards the tailights and into the channels.  I hope you can understand that, it would be easier if I could show you but now that I've finally got it in place I don't want to pull it out to make a video on how to install it.

Offline shaggimo

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 02:34:53 PM »
lol, I don't blame ya, I wouldn't want to pull it back out either. I get what you're saying though, makes sense, thanks for the tip, I'll have to remember that if I ever get around to finishing the interior, lol.
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 01:33:03 AM »
Im glad you got that back in...Alot of these old Eagles still got alot of fight left in em.  ;D
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 10:22:39 AM »
Im glad you got that back in...Alot of these old Eagles still got alot of fight left in em.  ;D

Yes, the interior quarter panel covers were much worse, a real struggle.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk