News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 06:30:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Power Seat stuck  (Read 1686 times)

Offline MIPS

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 44
Power Seat stuck
« on: October 16, 2019, 11:42:22 PM »
I had a friend in the car today and he noted he could not get the passenger seat to move forward. When I got home I checked it out and found that the front and back motors will still move up and down but it won't slide on the track. The electrical checks out and the motor seems good. You can hear it torque up and try hard enough to move both the control cable and the motor mount but it otherwise doesn't budge. Last time I touched the controls was about a month ago when I moved the seat all the way back so I could install the bracket for a carphone handset. I took both seats out last fall and greased and oiled the gearboxes and tracks. Is there anything else I should try before I pull the seat out and inspect?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 11:43:26 PM by MIPS »

Offline Ace2600

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
Re: Power Seat stuck
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 11:36:02 AM »
Im always a advocate for the "Hit it till it moves minutes" But maybe you'd like a less violent route. Id go for trying to push things around and wiggle things to see where it might be hanging up at? Honestly I couldn't tell you.

Offline MIPS

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 44
Re: Power Seat stuck
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 01:33:08 AM »
Yeah I tried that too. It's REALLY stuck.  :-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk