The Shop > Under the Hood & HVAC

Blower Motor Resistor

(1/2) > >>

carguy87:
Anyone know where you can buy a new bower motor resistor? I am tired of no low speed, and I would like to get new, so I don't have to tear apart the dash again in the future. Also, my car has factory installed AC, and I was wondering if there are any heat vents to the floor. G/F's most recent complaint is her feet are always cold and the heat is too stifling hot, lol.

IowaEagle:
Shut the upper vents and the package tray vents to direct more heat to the floor.

jim:
Make sure the squid release is closed.

carguy87:
Yeah, I keep the fresh air vent closed until spring.  I did a little digging around during lunch and found a couple problems.  There is a cable that controls a door for the lower two vents on top of the transmission tunnel.  It opens the vents when in "heat" half open in "high-low" and closed in "defrost".  When I move the switch in my car, it adjusts the other doors in the box properly, but is not actuating the cable for the lower door.  So I manually opened the door with the car on and fan running to see if it was working and was greeted by a blast of old leaves, carpet padding, twigs, and somehow, a figurine of a small monkey.  I then had to dig about another handful of debris out from the door area with a coat hanger to get in the tight area.  After I did that, heat seemed to work good from the lower vents, just have to fix my control head for automatic operation, lol.

IowaEagle:
Ahhh the obvious we forgot to mention.   Those cables do get out of whack once in a while.  I know that mine came off in the SX/4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version