News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 12, 2024, 08:25:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: bearinng noisee or not  (Read 12294 times)

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
Re: bearinng noisee or not
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 09:53:03 PM »

HI     I pulled off the tire and wheel today .when I was taking off the luges I saw  what  was the
                        matter.The rem has a crack out from the lugs ..I don't know how I missed it win I rotated the
                        the tires .....well I put on the spair  and no noise  .. that is scary if that rem broke all the way.
                        I am  going to check the rest of them .that one was on the front ..Someone must have had to
                         mush fun with that one..I was hopping it was not the tire...I have good  B-F-G on it......Don
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 09:55:20 PM by teneagle »
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 09:45:16 AM »
Good to hear you have found the cause Don.  I think this is the first reported cracked wheel.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline Eagleearl

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2011, 11:29:49 AM »
Always a relief to find the cause and its not too hard to repair. Never heard of a wheel cracking before either.

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2011, 03:08:44 PM »

HI   Doug I have never  sean a A M C  wheel go bad .I did not expect to find what I found ..But I know
           the  car is in good condition...just glad its over ..
                     Eagleearl   good to hear from you. It was allot of work to find that wheel I had all 4 wheels off 2
                    times  
                     and that grease was cold every thing looks good I wont have to do this when it gets Hot ..Don
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 06:32:20 PM by teneagle »
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2011, 06:27:47 PM »

HI    Yes stock steal wheel. .......Don

Offline LaGuardia

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 26
  • Now, that's what I call a ride !
    • Armati e Responsabili (sorry, only Italian)
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 06:22:38 AM »
Wow ! A cracked steel wheel... I agree with the "Someone must have had too much fun with that one" part... ;)
"Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear".
Oh, really ? I guess that's why I need BOTH rear bumper corner caps now. Doh !

1981 4.2 Eagle Wagon LTD (Daily Driver)
2003 Toyota RAV4 (Wife's Car)
1985 Plymouth Gran Fury (Endless Project Car)
1997 Alfa Romeo GTV V6 TB (Not Running Now)
1994 Honda Helix CN250 (My Beloved Scooter)
1975 Honda 500 FourK (Can't Remember Where I Left It)
1985 Moto Guzzi California II 1.000 (New Entry)

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 12:15:02 PM »

Good morning  I feel good today I looked at that wheel and it had Chrysler embossed on it .so I went to town
          to the dealer and roiled my tire in to parts .He looked at it and said wait a min .When he came back he said
          I can give you a new one for  $16.00 .I said ok do it .he said have a seat .In ten min he came back rolling
          my tire on a new wheel ..paid hem and roiled my new wheel to the car so it has ben an ok day .....DON

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 02:40:34 PM »

HI    on my way back home I was thinking I do some of my best when i am driving .It had to be a 88 or
             newer .It was on the car when I got it .so I don't know where it came from .I still haven't checked the
             other rems yet just remembered that .............Don

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 06:28:03 AM »
It being a non AMC stamped wheel makes sense.  Funny ChryCo would stamp a wheel when most other parts were still marked AMC.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 07:28:40 AM »

HI   the older rems have moper on them.this one had Chrysler stamped on it I don't know ....Don

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk