News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 19, 2024, 03:07:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1984 Eagle Wagon  (Read 4094 times)

Offline trout

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 13
1984 Eagle Wagon
« on: October 30, 2014, 09:36:14 AM »
Pics can be found in my other thread http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=40148.0

I haven't been able to really work on it since last Winter. It starts, runs, drives if you fill the transmission with fluid.
Wife is in the hospital, and I'm about the loose the garage that it's been stored in. The undercarriage still looks exactly like it does in my build thread.

I will include everything I have for this project if you want it including all extra nuts and bolts, new stuff not installed yet (like exhaust, and the 1/4 stick shifter and twin sticks for the np-229), rebuilt 727 and np-229 combo, extra seats, center console, left overs from my parts car, extra set of wheels, etc.  Basically if I'll no longer need it, it will be included if it's wanted.

There's a few things that have been installed since my last update such as a new stereo, 4 new speakers and new wires run to them. Optima red top.

To be road ready, in addition to installing some of the stuff that will be included like the exhaust and transmission, it needs a new windshield and tires and it would be good to go.

Only have a couple weeks left of the garage so I need to sell this all quick, letting it go for only $1,500, everything included.

1984 AMC Eagle Wagon w/ 1988 258 and front axle, 727/NP-229 combo, Hurst shifter + twin sticks, and power bulge hood.

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
Re: 1984 Eagle Wagon
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 10:39:03 AM »
That is a bummer! So much hard work put into that thing!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 01:59:47 PM »
Where is it located?  Looking at your build thread, I am amazed at the amount of work you put into it.  I hope someone buys it so the work can continue, and it get back on the road someday.  It would be a shame for this project to sit and rot, or worse yet go to the wrecking yard......Rich
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline trout

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 13
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 03:27:25 PM »
Sorry, I am in New Haven, Connecticut
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon w/ 1988 258 and front axle, 727/NP-229 combo, Hurst shifter + twin sticks, and power bulge hood.

Offline Seagulls n Eagle

• "Joy"/8.25 3.55 future 4.0/ax15/np242
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 10:24:51 AM »
Hi,

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Your project looks great just what I'm looking for.
When would you be available to see it/pick it up. I don't see much of a reason I wouldn't buy it.
So let me know and we'll get it cleaned up and packed

I'm from Outside Torrington area and have a flexable schedual.

Thanks

Rob
"Whether you think you can or  think you can't ....
your right"
Henry Ford

Offline Seagulls n Eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 03:02:27 PM »
Hi Trout

I'm honered to be able to finish your beautiful work.
Ill be there with the trailer to pick her up.
your right"
Henry Ford

Offline Seagulls n Eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 06:11:54 AM »
Greetings everyone,

I was able to purchase Trouts beautiful machine and I'm proud to be able to continue his fine work.
Someone has a quote here that goes something like "if you think it's bad it could always be worse."
My best regards to Trout,  and his family. I was glad to be able to help him in some way even if it was moving his car quickly. He's a good man who does good work. Ill try to post progress.
Eggs and and respect to Trout!'
your right"
Henry Ford

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 11:27:22 AM »
Definitely a bummer that trout had to give up on this project, but I'm happy the new owner is already on the forum and showing much interest! Hope you can keep up the great work and fill us in on your progress!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk