Classifieds > Member Products

Side & Rear Window Louvers

(1/30) > >>

Mavericke:
I know that there would obviously be a high demand for these, at least for awhile. But I have been tinkering with mine and as many of you may already know, mine are busted up a bit and almost beyond repair. I have been doing some math, and taking some measurements... I think I can fabricate these out of metal and make them look really nice... I could probably even do the wild after market ones that are shaped like flames and stuff...

I am guessing that some of this size would have a shipping cost of at least 50$ in the continental 48 states.

I don't think materials are going to cost too much, I will be pricing them tomorrow. My guess is around 50$ for the back louver. Thats not including the tools I need to start this project.

Time is still up in the air... no telling how long it will take to get the prototype finished, but once I have my plans in order... I don't think it would take more than 4-5 hours to fully construct and package a rear window louver with mounting hardware and instructions. I'm not really looking to make millions on this, but my time is limited... would it be worth my time to get the hardware needed to produce several of these or should I just go the cheap route and just make a set for myself? Well, I guess that question can't really be answered until I have pics of a useable product.

I guess, the ony reason I'm posting about it now is because I have a really good idea on how to build them. I will also be working power window cables... It seems I only need to figure out the plastic clamps right now, but thats another post for later. My windows are working and I have an extra and no one else appears to be dieing for one, so its last on my list.

Discuss.

demonicdragon:
lol. that would be cool if i had a SX/4 but only a wagon. if u make them for the wagon. ill be all over that. otherwise ill have to figure that out.blah

trapperjack:
I would be interested in both side louvers and rear louver, as well as mounting hardware, depending on price. Go the cheap route to make yours, then post pics and offer some for sale with a minimum order, say 5 or 10 must commit before getting tools to build in quantity. If enough don't want them, don't do it. If enough commit after seeing photos, set up shop and count the money. No one here will fault you for wanting to make a profit on your investment. Keep in mind that most of us are kinda cheapskates......I mean believers in the Rambler Mentality.

IowaEagle:
I would be interested.

Mavericke:

--- Quote from: trapperjack on September 24, 2008, 11:51:12 PM ---I would be interested in both side louvers and rear louver, as well as mounting hardware, depending on price. Go the cheap route to make yours, then post pics and offer some for sale with a minimum order, say 5 or 10 must commit before getting tools to build in quantity. If enough don't want them, don't do it. If enough commit after seeing photos, set up shop and count the money. No one here will fault you for wanting to make a profit on your investment. Keep in mind that most of us are kinda cheapskates......I mean believers in the Rambler Mentality.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, and thats understandable... I'm a poor man myself, which is why I wanted to make sure I made my money back on tools, lol! I don't think I need anything too expensive except a grinder to insure my edges are smooth.

As for louvers on a wagon.... it could be done, and the angle is a bt different so I think it would an easier construct... the only problem is, I dont have one here to take measurments from. Let me make a set for my sx4 and figure what measurments are the most important and maybe I can have one of you wagon-boys be my guinea pig. Anything is possible... I cant wait to start on this project... new louvers will look sooooo cool! It will most likey be my winter project because I can do it all in the basement and stay warm, lol!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version