News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 01:45:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: the spirit of the eagle build  (Read 28903 times)

Offline max98059

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
Re: the spirit of the eagle build
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2012, 04:09:26 PM »
yea well u were right

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2012, 04:18:54 PM »
sadly.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline max98059

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2012, 01:11:01 PM »
so yesterday i took my car off road for the first time and i broke the front left half shaft

Offline max98059

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2012, 11:02:01 PM »
it broke the inner joint so i had to jack it up out in the middle of the desert and take apart the axle then beat it apart. what a job in the sun. and idk how i did it. but i think i didnt like going 25-30 mph on the red gravel road. i am thinking s10 half shafts.

heres some pics of my outing today and yesterday.

its like 105 and 40% humidity out there.

my wife.

i only had 2wheel drive.

the cactus these 2 both r over 400YRS old

Offline max98059

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2012, 11:10:29 PM »
i thick that the spirit upper control arms are different and give like a 2" lift. but mine is pretty high.

Offline max98059

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2012, 12:24:20 AM »
lol yea i took a look at the eagle arms i have and they r a little different so. but it sits really tall much taller then carnucks stock wagon. and all i did was leave the stock spirit spirngs and arms when i did the 4x4 change. oh yea i forgot one of the jeepers here said that the amc eagle is not an offroad car and amc didn't own jeep and when i was out and abt today he was stuck in a ditch. i pulled up and said well i guess u need a tow truck cuz my car is a pos wanna be 4x4 and he said no please help me so i pulled him out and he said thank you and i said that was in  2 wheel drive, his mouth just dropped.

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2012, 10:24:01 AM »
Bummed me out because I put in brand new front springs to get lift and got only 2 inches. It does however ride MUCH nicer than it did before. (I used new springs for a Concord wagon with V8 and AC which had an extra coil round)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline max98059

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2012, 12:23:06 PM »
well now u can get the spirit control arms and get 4" of lift.

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2012, 09:08:18 PM »
Sadly, I won't unless I sell some of my other projects

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2012, 02:03:21 PM »
I was at a shop yesterday getting an oil (edit: not old) change (too hard to do myself with a broken shoulder) and checked out the drivetrain sitting on the floor from an '04 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 (V6 auto). The trans seemed almost identical to an AW4 but it's a 6 speed and the tcase front output is MUCH closer to the trans pan edge as well as a smaller overall tcase body. I wonder if that would work with a Jeep AW4 bell (I know the Jeep AW4 and 88 Toyota 4runner auto are the same bell pattern on the case as I test fit one, but the front out was on the wrong side)
   Reason I brought this up on SOTE's thread was I'm thinking maybe it could have fit with no floor modifications to make it 4x4.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 01:34:34 PM by carnuck »

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2014, 01:36:35 PM »
Well guys. It looks like SOTE is going to rise again! Making a deal to part trade against the Grumman van I sold Max98059 as he is too busy to do anything with it in the near future.

Offline Eagleearl

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2014, 11:54:08 AM »
That's good to hear. What does it need to get on the road?

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2014, 10:58:19 PM »
Still waiting for his old landlord to release it to me. NEVER work for your landlord on a 24-7 basis!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk