News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 26, 2024, 05:45:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DASH HELP  (Read 3449 times)

Offline edwarddaneri

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
DASH HELP
« on: January 17, 2015, 03:48:26 PM »
I have 2 wire connections off my rear wiper motor and my rear defroster. I have literally hurt myself trying to reach these! Is there NOT an easy way to access this area of the dash without complete dash removal Thanks so much  ED

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
Re: DASH HELP
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 10:00:54 PM »
Rear defroster you can easily remove the center pod.  I think we have that in the Eaglepedia. The wiper switch with some finessing can be reached from under the dash.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 11:37:33 AM »
Both accessed by just popping the center pod off

http://amceaglesden.com/guide/Center_Pod_Removal
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 11:40:39 AM by mudkicker715 »

Manitowoc WI

Offline Nightpath

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 12:48:35 PM »
Pull the 4x4 switch out to access the headlight switch with ease.

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 03:43:18 PM »
Hi Ed

the rear wiper and rear defroster switches are both on the center pod by the radio, from your post it doenst sound like you are talking about the front wipers which is a whole different procedure

the center pod assembly can be removed fairly easily. There are three screws across the top, one or two you will see when you open the glove box and one on the left side near the bottom. You will also need to remove the ash tray and find a nut there to remove. You will also probably have to at least take the front of your radio off. Plus the nuts that hold the switches on you refer to of course.

Sounds harder than it is and Im probably forgetting something, but just go slow and you will find all the connections.

Once removed you have easy access to the parts you mention to repair or replace them.

thanks
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk