News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 11:49:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New LED lights  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Chubbs

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
New LED lights
« on: December 27, 2019, 03:12:39 PM »
Installed some new Headlights I got off Amazon for $60 on sale, from a brand called LEDUR.
Not an exact OE fit cause they are a little bulkier, but easy to install. Came with seperate plugs cause they don't just plug and play on all OE plugs but it was as easy as finding what wire went to what hole in the plug, so you can get the low beams and high beams working correctly.
It's a night and day difference between these and Halogen lights.
The low beams aren't that bright themselves, but all four lights on, with high beams, is fantastic.
Had them on for a month and they have been excellent.

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
Re: New LED lights
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 11:03:35 AM »
Thanks for sharing the picture.  I've seen them on Amazon and eBay and wondered what they would look like and how they would perform in our Eagles.  May have to add this to my to do list!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Taylor

• Administrator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 34
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 04:46:41 PM »
Looks like a excellent upgrade. I need to do something about the poor performance of my low beams.
2010 Toyota Rav4 pack mule
1985 AMC Eagle Limited Wagon 🖖🏼🦅
2020 Honda Africa Twin the long haul trucker

Offline Chubbs

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 10:13:01 PM »
Definitely would recommend them. I was messing with them for about 45 minutes all together. Just need to make sure you aim the headlights afterwords, of course.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk