News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 08:13:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rear window defroster switch  (Read 2229 times)

Offline greenlion

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 7
Rear window defroster switch
« on: September 19, 2014, 10:46:50 PM »
in my 87 sedan, the rear defrost toggle switch snapped off last winter. Will a general toggle switch from my local auto parts store work in its replacement? Or, do I need to find a replacement specific to Eagles? My old switch would light up when turned on and turn off after 10-15 minutes or so. I have read some threads on toggles but im still unsure. ANy help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Ryan and Bernice
Bernice 87 Sedan

Offline Mernsy

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 13
Re: Rear window defroster switch
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 12:03:27 AM »
The timer relay is in the switch.

Offline greenlion

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 7
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 12:43:51 PM »
so does that mean i need to find a special toggle with a timer built in to replace the old defrost toggle switch?
Bernice 87 Sedan

Offline Mernsy

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 13
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 05:22:34 PM »
You're probably better off finding one from an Eagle.
Put an ad in the Wanted section of the Classifieds and see what shows up.

Offline greenlion

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 7
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 01:24:00 AM »
thank you os much, i appreciate the advice...
Bernice 87 Sedan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk