News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 02:55:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Adding aftermarket electric door locks/ keyless entry  (Read 1933 times)

Offline anrkii

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 13
Adding aftermarket electric door locks/ keyless entry
« on: November 13, 2012, 05:05:26 AM »
I added a keyless entry system to my car, and it was easy, that is once I figured out where everything goes:
I bought a $30 kit from ebay:

the front door was super easy, only had to drill one hole, its highlighted in orange.

the screws straddle the oval hole perfectly

back doors werent bad, either. I had to drill a hole in the bottom or the door to run the wires in and heres the solenoid mounting, drilled holes in orange:

units

anyway its a cheap and easy option for an upgrade or replacement of faulty original lock solenoids.

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: Adding aftermarket electric door locks/ keyless entry
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 12:37:40 PM »
I just don't like when they jam. My factory one did on the driver's side and the key nearly broke trying to get it open because it jammed 1/2 turned.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline masternull

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
Re: Adding aftermarket electric door locks/ keyless entry
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 07:42:09 PM »
looks like an easy mod that is super handy.

did your eagle originally have power locks?

is this the same unit u found on

No ebay links allowed. Please pm this memeber for info thanks.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 08:16:59 PM by mudkicker715 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk