News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 12:59:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SX/4 found-for SALE.  (Read 8153 times)

Offline PAcowboy

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 10
SX/4 found-for SALE.
« on: January 28, 2012, 06:30:23 PM »
Trafford, PA 15085

Today I found a 1982 SX/4, black in the weeds. It has a 1960 283cu. in. with the double pyramids (Hi-Perf) with a two speed transfer case. I talked to the owner who says it's FOR SALE at $200.00.

The car looks as if it's been sitting awhile. It needs a driver's door, all bashed in. The passenger's door needs a new spring in the latch handle, grille, both front & rear bumpers. The under carriage looks to be quite scalely, lots of rust.

Will have to go back for pics.

If anyone is interested, I have the guy's name and number.

Steve

Offline PAcowboy

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 10
Re: SX/4 found-for SALE.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 12:35:27 AM »
BenM:

You're in Murraysville and I'm in Level Green. The car is up behind Lentz's Garage up on First St. behind a barn on top of the hill before you get to the Sportsmen's club on the left side.

Though, it may be awhile for me to get pics. If you want, I have the number.

Steve

Offline eagle.sx/4.wanted

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 06:07:27 PM »
this car still there?

amc1989

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 08:36:47 PM »
I've been looking for one of these for awhile now. I would be very interested in buying it. I'll like to buy one to restore. I live about 2hrs from him. I'd love to talk to him about it if its still there!
Thanks

Offline PAcowboy

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 10:39:54 PM »
eagle.sx and amc1989:

Yes, the car is still there. It's not going anywhere. I think these people just lost touch with the property and the cars. but, othwerwise, they are still there. Let me know if you're ever out this way if you want to go see it. Like I said, it's pretty rough but it's doable. Especially with the 283 in it.

Sorry it took so long to get back to this post.

Steve

Offline thereverendbill

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 10:44:04 PM »
you don't happen to have any pictures?
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline PAcowboy

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 12:13:29 AM »
revbill:

I'd have to go get some. But, last time I couldn't get the hood open. Will try to go back maybe next week, when this rain clears up.

Steve

amc1989

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 07:41:23 PM »
I would still be interested in it...I probably won't be down that way till after the new year though. Were you ever able to get pictures of it?
Thanks a lot!
Mike

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk