News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 12:14:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1985 Eagle Door Speaker Install  (Read 3693 times)

Offline twoface2486

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 2
1985 Eagle Door Speaker Install
« on: July 24, 2014, 07:13:29 PM »
Figured I would enlighten the other members and guests on how I installed door speakers in my 85 Eagle which came stock with just a dash speaker.

When I took the door panel off I was pleased to find that the speaker wires were already ran to the door. As you can see the door does not have the speaker mounting plate.

After looking around the passenger side kick panel/computer area I was able to find the other end of the speaker pig tail. From there I just ran speaker wires to the radio. The driver side door was also the same scenario. The harness was tucked behind the kick panel, behind the carpet and insulation.

I was walking around at my buddy's junkyard and stumbled across a 94 Ford Windstar minivan. The van had the premium JBL sound system so I pulled out its front door speakers, which happen to be component speakers in this nice little enclosure. I figured what the heck they might fit in the Eagle's door, and they were free so I took them.

I couldn't of been happier when I went to put the speakers in. They fit like they were made for the eagle. The speakers were very snug, cleared the glass and I was able to use to of the four mounting holes. Only had to rearrange the wire harness so the window didn't get caught in it. The last thing I had to do was cut out the hole in the door panel for the speaker grille, which was also "pre-cut" from the factory. I found some factory speaker grilles out of a late 70's ford car, which I just painted to match.

Yes I know the speakers are twenty years old, but I am surprised on how good they sound. Plus they were free and fit perfectly! Hope this might help.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 07:19:32 PM by twoface2486 »

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
Re: 1985 Eagle Door Speaker Install
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 07:15:43 PM »
Nice!
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline huggyb1972

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 07:07:50 PM »
You have the twin ours. I am getting geared up to do the stereo in "Harry" that is our Eagle's name. How does the new sspeakers sound? They look look like they fit alright.

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 03:25:45 AM »
Now I have to decide if the Inifinty system in my parts '93 Grand Cherokee is going to go in my Eagle, or Comanche (which has no radio and hasn't since 2002 when I bought it but I'm getting it ready to sell)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk