News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 02:44:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Push bar question  (Read 3478 times)

Offline Phntmvw

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Push bar question
« on: November 09, 2010, 01:31:21 PM »
Hi guys, I just read the topic on the push bar install and now I'm going to need one for my 87 wagon. I'm just still curious what to get if I order from a place like jc Whitney or wherever. What would be the best match? Something made for a bronco ll or an xj or?? Just want to make sure it will be a good fit for mounting and won't be so wide as to cover my headlights. Thanks.

Offline Phntmvw

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Re: Push bar question
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 08:24:00 AM »
Well I went searching local junkyards and found one on an explorer that sould fit ok I think. Have to go back in a couple days and rip it off.

Offline thereverendbill

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 08:41:40 AM »
you mean like a grill guard/ light bar like thishttp://forums.amceaglenest.com/index.php?topic=32702.0  his was for a jeep cherokee XJ
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline Phntmvw

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 02:39:10 PM »
The one I found looks much like that. I think it's some generic universal fit thing. I guess searching junk yards paid off. Plus I got it for 40 bucks.

Offline eagle503

• "I'm not a mechanic I'm a parts replacer give me the book I can do it"
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 12
  • 85 limited wagon
    • art of loehr
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 01:07:50 PM »
mine appears to be from a blazer I don't know for sure though.

this one is from a bronco ll

here is a link to my post
http://forums.amceaglenest.com/index.php?topic=34752.msg274308#msg274308
Click for YOUR_TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk