News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 19, 2024, 03:50:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Amount of hose...?  (Read 2363 times)

Offline koalrus

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Amount of hose...?
« on: May 22, 2011, 11:30:56 PM »
My dad's gonna help me redo some vacuum in my '85 sedan next weekend, and I'm not sure what size hose and how much to pick up... For now, I just want to re-run all of the engine lines. We'll be doing it at his house, far from any parts store, and I just wanted to have all the material with me when I get down there.

Anyone have a good guesstimate as to how much of what sizes to buy?

Thanks!
'85 Sedan

Offline ammachine390

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 42
Re: Amount of hose...?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 11:58:09 PM »
For my 81 Concord, with all stock emission equipment, I bought 12 feet, and then had to go back for another 10, but I was used a lot so if any of the ends got ruined later on, there would be enough slack to just cut the end off and and still be able to use the hose without having to replace the hole hose. So I say go with 22 feet just to be safe. Not sure on the size though, but most of the fittings are all the same size, exceptions include pcv inlet and outlet, canister purge valve, carb vents, and possibly the hose directly out of the intake manifold.
Dan
1981 AMC Concord DL 258 Auto

Click for Villa_Park, IL Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk