News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 09:32:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: what to do with my eagle motor and vacuum system  (Read 11845 times)

Offline madmax4x4

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Re: what to do with my eagle motor and vacuum system
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 07:58:44 PM »
If you look closely at the 2 carbs you will see that they look very much alike.  On some of the MC21XX models, you may even find a Holley stamp on the body of the carb.

So it's not that one is more reliable or "easier" then the other?  If the holley is almost the same thing from a MC2100 I shouldn't try to talk him in to using the MC2100?  I know the guy on ebay sell's the MC2100 with all the adapter stuff, will I need the same for the Holley or is it a mass produced after market adapter for the Holley?  Thanks

Offline thereverendbill

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 08:38:37 PM »
if it where me I'd go with the seller on the bay for everything ..... he has sold TONS of those kits.  Plus your the one footing the bill for all of this so it should be up to YOU what goes on your car.  I work in a body shop for a living and when someone tells me they want pink car i can't just paint it red because that's what i want to do.  You might be better off looking for a new mechanic who wants to be paid to build an eagle for you   
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline Bird-o-Prey

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 39
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 12:39:32 AM »
In my opinion, the MC2100 carbs are easier to find, in that they are in junkyards every where.  They are much cheaper to source parts for.  I really don't think you will see much performance improvement with the Holley over the MC2100 on a 6 cylinder engine.  If you were to ask me about the difference for a V8, I would probably go Holley though.
No matter how bad YOU think it is ... it could always be WORSE!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk