News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 10:06:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: window channel weatherstrip  (Read 20057 times)

Offline jim

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 102
Re: window channel weatherstrip
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2011, 01:13:50 PM »
To post pictures -
Most of us use free Photobucket accounts.
 www.photobucket.com
In your Photobucket account, hover over the picture.  This brings up a menu.
Put a check in the box next to img_xx, immediately under the picture or pictures.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on
Generate HTML and IMG code.
Click in the third box down from the top.  This will select everything in the box.
Right click and select Copy.
Go to your thread, right click and paste.
Click on Preview, and if satisfied click on Post.

I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline shaggimo

• Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2011, 01:14:47 PM »
It kinda goes with the territory on those sorts of things, I have yet to see an aftermarket trim seal that fits and funtions as well as an original unit. It would just plain cost way too much to make something like that. That's not just amc either, the ones I had ordered for my chev were horiffic in every way  >:( (as in unusable). For a driver car though, the ones I got for the eagle worked great, after a couple minor alterations  ;) , no complaints....
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2011, 01:36:03 PM »
It kinda goes with the territory on those sorts of things, I have yet to see an aftermarket trim seal that fits and funtions as well as an original unit. It would just plain cost way too much to make something like that. That's not just amc either, the ones I had ordered for my chev were horiffic in every way  >:( (as in unusable). For a driver car though, the ones I got for the eagle worked great, after a couple minor alterations  ;) , no complaints....

I agree Shaggimo,  I'm happy to have something that's new even if it isn't quite right.  When I ordered the weatherstripping I was thinking there was a good chance it wouldn't be identical to the originals so I wasn't really surprised.  I will say that the door weatherstripping and window sweeps appear as original and fit very well.

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2011, 03:36:53 PM »
Yes, to have any soft parts available is a blessing.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline ericarmstrong

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 52
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2011, 01:59:41 PM »
Can anyone fill in  A, B, and C

1982 AMC Eagle SX/4

Offline Eagle1983

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2011, 07:57:55 PM »
This might sound like a strange question but what is the window sweep. I noticed that the stripping along the bottom of the window where it comes out of the door is also a bit short and does not meet up against the window channel. Does that come along with the window channel kit from amcrambler or is that separate. Also what is his email, tried the one listed but it says my emails could not make it through.
Eagles never die.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk