News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 02:04:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AMC Keys cut in Calgary - Parry Bro's.  (Read 5271 times)

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
AMC Keys cut in Calgary - Parry Bro's.
« on: May 06, 2011, 02:45:22 PM »
I had bought two original blank ignition keys from the eagles nest store, and then I brought them both down to Parry Bro's to have them cut.

The counter guy said, "do you want the door key cut as well?"  I didn't know he had them.  I go, "Sure".

They have both blanks for AMC's.  Now, I don't know of any other vendor that would have those blanks, but I know Parry Bro's DOES have them.

Parry Bros.  Lock and Safe

1725-10 Ave. SW, Calgary.  (they are very close to the underpass connector from Bowtrail, to the North ramp for Crowchild Drive.) 

Or if you're coming from 14 street south, turn west onto 10 Ave. it's about two/three blocks west.  if you're coming from 14th Street north, you have to turn onto 11th Ave.  You can't cross 14th Street to 10th Ave.

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
Re: AMC Keys cut in Calgary - Parry Bro's.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 10:05:57 AM »
So, are your door locks the same as your globe box and wagon hatch?  We did a poll about that once and there seems to be no rhyme or reason why AMC did that on some cars and then used the ignition key to fit the doors, on others.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 10:13:54 AM »
My door key is the Same as the wagon hatch (as I switched the lock out when I swapped hatches) but I never bothered to check my glove box.  duhhhh.

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 10:17:37 AM »
OK.  Yeah, they do lock, but that was an option pre-Eagle.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline LaGuardia

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 26
  • Now, that's what I call a ride !
    • Armati e Responsabili (sorry, only Italian)
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 12:07:46 PM »
My glove box lock won't budge, whatever key I use. I think it's shot.

The ignition key only works for the ignition and the door lock key opens the hatch as well.

Having different keys makes sense, if you think about leaving the car in an attended parking or garage (an hotel, for example). They require to leave the ignition key in, and having another key for both the doors (which you'll leave unlocked in that case) and the glove box (which you want to keep locked instead, to protect papers and other stuff you may keep in it) is a good thing.

Personnel will be able to move the car around if needed, but they won't have easy access to the contents of the glove box.

My wife's car (a modern thing which has only one key w/remote control for everything) came with a special "service" key for this purpose: it can only start the engine but won't unlock the doors or the glove box: they just added two pins to the doors and glovebox tumblers (the ignition does not have them), and this "service key" is missing the additional notches for those pins. Easy.
"Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear".
Oh, really ? I guess that's why I need BOTH rear bumper corner caps now. Doh !

1981 4.2 Eagle Wagon LTD (Daily Driver)
2003 Toyota RAV4 (Wife's Car)
1985 Plymouth Gran Fury (Endless Project Car)
1997 Alfa Romeo GTV V6 TB (Not Running Now)
1994 Honda Helix CN250 (My Beloved Scooter)
1975 Honda 500 FourK (Can't Remember Where I Left It)
1985 Moto Guzzi California II 1.000 (New Entry)

Offline MontanaEagle

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 01:49:16 PM »
I got spares made at walmart that match my originals.  My round key works for both doors and ignition, my square key only works on ignition.  I don't know if my glove box even locks, I haven't looked at it close enough.
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon (Soon to be for mountain fun times)
1997 Honda Civic (Daily driver in the winter)
2009 JM Star Scooter (Daily driver in the summer)
2010 Schwinn Hybrid Bike (Daily driver in Spring and Fall)

"It may be too early to drink scotch, but it's never too early to think about scotch"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk