News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 27, 2024, 06:43:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: removing woodgrain from 85 wagon  (Read 1741 times)

Offline kalve

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
removing woodgrain from 85 wagon
« on: December 16, 2012, 07:54:23 AM »
I got a 85 wagon an it has the wood grain on it. All of it is bout came off & it has that white film like paste or what ever they used for the wood grain. How is the best way to take this off the car? You can take your fingernail an get  some of it off an behind that the paint looks new an shiney. Just need to get that off of there then figure what I need to put on there to get rid of all the oxidation an make the paint shine again.
64 T bird landau
70 Cougar Convertible Hurst 4 speed
74 F250 Crewcab shortbed
85 Eagle Wagon 4wd

Online mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167

Manitowoc WI

Offline kalve

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
Re: removing woodgrain from 85 wagon
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 09:04:10 AM »
ok thanks sounds good I tried just scrubbing it off an then  tried the 3M label an sticker remover an it did not work. I am not going to put the wood grain back on the car. The car is currently red with wood grain an tan interior. I am going to go with black an go gray on the bottom of the car an find the leather these cars had an change it to black leather an do all the interior in black. I already found the black console for it now come spring paint all the interior pieces black an go from there after I switch it from auto to 5 speed manual trans.
64 T bird landau
70 Cougar Convertible Hurst 4 speed
74 F250 Crewcab shortbed
85 Eagle Wagon 4wd

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk