News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 01:45:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SOLD: 1983 SX4 I6 with T4 - Northeast CT  (Read 13968 times)

Offline lapoltba

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 14
SOLD: 1983 SX4 I6 with T4 - Northeast CT
« on: December 18, 2013, 07:33:08 AM »
SOLD

Sadly, I am putting my Eagle up for sale.  I am asking $3000 and it is also listed locally on CL.  I'm hoping to get something out of it towards a truck.  There is a picture below, but I have some more if you want them.  The car is currently up on jack stands in my paved driveway under a tarp for the winter.  My DD needs the garage  :-[

I this car almost 2 years ago now with the intent of using it as a winter car. It had been sitting for at least 10 years before I got it and was not running. It is a blue 83 with the 258 and t4 trans. with about 110k miles on it. I only bought it because it had almost no rust and zero rot. After working on it a bit, I can't bring myself to drive in the salt and snow, it's just too nice. I have a clean NYS title in my name. Car is insured, and registered, but not ready to drive on the road.

A short list of some of the things I have done:

1. Rebuilt head with new valves and push rods and aluminum valve cover, professionally done by a repair shop.
The rods/valves were seized when I got the car, but I didn't know it. When I tried to start it, the rods bent.
2. Motorcraft carb to replace the computer controlled carter bbd. Appropriate "ECM Test" bypass is done, but the carb still needs to be tuned.
3. Emissions equipment has been removed since it wasn't working anyway. PCV is still in place and hooked up.
4. New exhaust pipe from manifold down. Universal cat. converter with stainless flange welded on attached in OEM position. Basic cherry bomb muffler on so I could get it running.
5. Clutch replaced with OEM equivalent. Original reason for car being parked (bad input shaft seal on trans burned up the clutch)
6. Replaced transmission fluid while it was out, and put a new neutral safety switch in.
6. completely new clutch hydraulics from master down to slave including hard line.
7. brand new brakes all around including pads, calipers, shoes, slave cylinders, master cylinder and rubber flex lines.
8. Brand new parking brake cables (all 3)
9. New steering stabilizer, but the rubber bushings are crap and should be replaced (easy fix)
10. new t-case output seals front and rear. The front is good, but the rear is leaking because I forgot to put RTV on the outside before installing. I also couldn't find the rubber star washers so there is black RTV to seal up the old ones. After the fact I found replacements and the are new in the box ready for installing.
11. I have all 4 new drive shaft yokes but have not installed them yet.
12. I have new door hinge bushings but have not installed.

There are probably other odds and ends that I haven't listed. The interior is in okay shape. It has the usual drivers seat lean which I haven't gotten to fixing yet. The PO attempted to fix it but did a crap job. Some of the interior panels are currently off to access wiring and brake cables, easy to replace. I saved most/all of the original parts that will go with the car. The PO had put in a center gauge console, but it is not original. You are welcome to come visit and take a look if you want.   Payment by Cash, certified check, or Paypal (plus fees).

« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:26:14 PM by lapoltba »

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
Re: FS: 1983 SX4 I6 with T4 - Northeast CT
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 09:24:36 AM »
Good luck with the sale. Just so you know. You can send payments on paypal as "Friend or Family" and it doesn't charge you any fee.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline lapoltba

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 14
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 11:53:30 AM »
Thanks.  Usually people don't like to use the paypal gift option as it has zero buyer protection.  Doesn't matter to me either way though. 

*Updated post*   Will consider trade for a good running truck.

Offline MudPuppy

• Define Normal?
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 39
  • If it can happen, it will happen to me.
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 08:50:40 PM »
Sorry to see her go so soon.
Good luck in the sale.

*mumbles*  really want a set of those side window rain deflectors.
Lurker & unintentional thread killer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called Cynicism by those who have not got it.
I am not now at my least, rather my most; not reduced, rather at my most complete.
Yes, I stand before you now, naked, unhidden, uncamouflaged and unafraid.
As pure and true as a human being is able to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 11:01:43 PM »
Oh wow! Didn't see those til now! Good eye Mud! Man, yeah I would love a set of those as well!

Offline lapoltba

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 14
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 06:32:26 AM »
I had no idea those were that rare... I guess I thought they were aftermarket and didn't really add anything.   I had to remove one for some reason, but I still have both.  They are in ok shape, but they caused the paint on the top of the door frame to bubble. 

I wouldn't mind selling them separately, but I may have a trade for a truck worked out.  Nothing at all firm yet, so it's still for sale as a whole.  If the trade falls through I would consider parting them out.  MudPuppy will have first dibs since she showed interest first. 

Thanks for looking everyone, i'll keep the post updated.

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 09:23:30 AM »
Cool, keep me and Mudpuppy informed! :) Good luck with the trade.

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 09:46:37 AM »
Here is someone very interested in the car. They asked that you email them as they are only on the EVO site right now and can't create a new account while at work.

[email protected]

Offline lapoltba

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 14
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 09:53:23 AM »
Thanks,  sent an email. with a link to the CL ad in case they can't see the classified here on the fourm.

Offline MudPuppy

• Define Normal?
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 39
  • If it can happen, it will happen to me.
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 11:11:42 AM »
I had no idea those were that rare... I guess I thought they were aftermarket and didn't really add anything.   I had to remove one for some reason, but I still have both.  They are in ok shape, but they caused the paint on the top of the door frame to bubble. 

I wouldn't mind selling them separately, but I may have a trade for a truck worked out.  Nothing at all firm yet, so it's still for sale as a whole.  If the trade falls through I would consider parting them out.  MudPuppy will have first dibs since she showed interest first. 

Thanks for looking everyone, i'll keep the post updated.

Thank you and Good luck :)

Cool, keep me and Mudpuppy informed! :) Good luck with the trade.

Yes, please do :)
Lurker & unintentional thread killer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called Cynicism by those who have not got it.
I am not now at my least, rather my most; not reduced, rather at my most complete.
Yes, I stand before you now, naked, unhidden, uncamouflaged and unafraid.
As pure and true as a human being is able to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline lapoltba

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 14
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 10:38:14 PM »
Still pending trade negotiations.  Open to cash offers still too.  I've had a bunch of emails from the CL ad, but no one is nearby.

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 09:13:21 AM »
I sent you a PM regarding your query.  The guy appears to be from Austria and may be legit.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline lapoltba

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 14
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2013, 09:27:15 AM »
No go on the possible trade.  The guy tried to finagle a straight trade into my car +$1000.  I told him no and offered to pay transport costs for the truck and he refused.  Oh well.

Car is still for sale.  When I get a chance I'll pull out the rain guards and get some pictures.

Offline devil666

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 01:38:59 AM »
Very nice project, surely it will find a home.
If you decide to sell off some accessories, like your mud flaps to another Den member, would you also consider selling the rear window louver separately at some point?

Offline TheWraith

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 07:16:07 AM »
I think we are pretty far apart distance wise.  What is your zip if you don't mind me asking.
I am what Willis was talking about.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk