News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 06:20:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rambler Ranch Tour/Eagle Motel Trip  (Read 35454 times)

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
Rambler Ranch Tour/Eagle Motel Trip
« on: July 31, 2012, 11:49:44 PM »
So, it looks like we'll have a mini-Meet here in Colorado, in connection with a tour of the Rambler Ranch and a trip to the Eagle Motel.  The tour of the Ranch starts at 8:00 AM on October 13 near Elizabeth, CO (southeast of Denver), leaving for the Eagle Motel at 10 AM.  The Eagle Motel is in Manitou Springs CO, and there will be a caravan of Eagles making the trip.  Participants will spend the night at the Eagle Motel.

If you plan on attending, here are the steps you need to take:

1) Email Terry Gale at [email protected] to reserve your spot on the Eagle Motel trip.  There are limited spots available.

2)  Let me know you are planning on attending the meet/tour/trip so I can try to coordinate things and help you find accomodations, directions, etc.

Depending on when people plan to get into town, here are some options for what to do:

Friday October 12:
-  Preview of the Rambler Ranch (if Terry will let us come a day early, because the 2 hours allocated on Saturday aren't enough to really take it all in

-  Cruise in the foothills of CO, lots of nice scenery to see

-  Cruise night at the Sonic in Aurora, CO

Saturday October 13
- Rambler Ranch Tour, 8:00 AM, Elizabeth CO

- Leave for Eagle Motel, with lunch stop along the way, 10:00 AM

- Spend the night at Eagle Motel

Sunday October 14
- Tour Pikes Peak/Manitou Springs/Colorado Springs area

-  People can head back home when they need to.

There is camping available at Cherry Creek State park for Thursday or Friday night, and motels which are about 20-25 miles from the Rambler Ranch.

We have a lot of Nest Members in the area, including Shanebo and GRONK in CO Springs, Eaglebeek, StrikeEagle and myself closer to Denver.  I hope lots of folks can make it, the Rambler Ranch has to be seen to be believed, and cruising down the road with 30 other Eagles is a once in a lifetime experience.  Fall is my favorite time in Colorado, so I'm sure everyone will have a great time.  Let me know if you're coming!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 04:20:41 PM by vangremlin »
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
Re: 2012 International Meet/Rambler Ranch Tour/Eagle Motel Trip
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 11:54:26 AM »
I emailed Terry, so count me in....Rich
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline nashkid

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 02:50:01 PM »
I would be happy to have the group tour Rambler Ranch on Friday! If there are enough people signed up maybe we can make a day of it and have a picnic here. I will be happy to help any way I can to make this a fun meet for all the are willing to make the trip. Since we already have the Eagle Motel trip planned with a few activities it would be easy to use this as the International Meet. There are hotels near by in Castle Rock if people were to make this a week long vacation.

I have groups here almost every weekend so I am not able to attend as many shows as I would like to. I plan the Eagle Motel trip every other year as long as people are interested in going. I have to get at least 30 people to reserve the motel. There are many other things of interest in the area for us to do. This year we will tour another car collection in Colorado Springs and have lunch in an airplane restaurant.

Is anyone interested in picnic at Rambler Ranch on friday Oct 12th? I can arrange for BBQ to be served for about $10 per person or we can cook hamburgers and hotdogs here.
Terry

Offline eaglebeek

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 70
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 10:46:40 PM »
@vangremlin...I'm planning to participate in all activities. I think I have a place to stay ;D

@nashkid...email sent.

:eagle:
1984 Eagle Wagon, 258, auto, 2.73 gears, daily driver
1983 Eagle Limited Wagon, parts; sold
2000 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0, auto
2007 Hyundai Accent, radical downsize from minivan, wife's car and she loves it!

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."--John W. Gardner, in "Excellence: Can We Be Equal and Excellent Too?" (1961)

Air-conditioning is so cool!

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
  • Midwest AMC Eagle Sanctuary Game Warden
Re: Rambler Ranch Tour/Eagle Motel Trip
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 03:08:41 PM »
Hey Van, did you catch this thread?

http://forums.amceaglenest.com/index.php?topic=39533.0

Just trying to lock things down and figure out which spot is going to be the "official" spot. At this point, it's so late in the game that I don't think it really matters beyond what city/state the T-shirts have printed on them, lol!

Do you have a roll count of how many are making this Meet for sure? You have my email address bud, just holler at me and I'll help ya any way I can. I've got some goddies left over from previous years as well as t-shirts and stuff... I can send you a care package to help out if I know how many are going to be there.

I was thinking since we kinda fubar'd it this year that we could maybe just put both places on the shirt? I mean, why not? I think it goes against everything I said before about trying not to split the "officlal" Meet up but at the same time - I don't see it making things any more worse than they already are as far as planning ahead goes. So I'm up for any suggestions my friend. Just holler at me. Unless you want to keep it at Mini-Meet level (I noticed you changed the title of your thread and a couple details).

Anyway, just whatever mang! Holler at me!
Its got style... its got class...
It goes the extra mile... and still kicks @ss.
Strength. Intelligence. Beauty.
The AMC Eagle
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
81' AMC Eagle Sx4 (My very first car, The Millennium Eagle)
82' AMC Eagle Sx4 Sport (Custom General Lee Style)
85' AMC Eagle Wagon Sport (My Daily Driver)
00' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (The Grocery Getter)
And a plethora of other parts cars, and future restoration projects:
80 Wagon, 82 Spirit, Two 83 SX4s, 84 Wagon, 85 Wagon and more!!

Offline j2sax

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
Re: Rambler Ranch Tour/Eagle Motel Trip- BLAHST
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 01:39:39 AM »
Unreal... seriously planned to be at this one but have a schedule conflict.  I am going to have to bow out AGAIN!  I have NEVER made and event at the Ranch... every year SOMEthing comes up.... BLAHST! 

You guys get some great pictures! 

Jesse

aTmAggie02

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 11:00:41 PM »
Sign me up!  I will also have a buddy coming along with me!  WHOOP!  I can't wait.  Go  :amc:  :eagle:

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
  • Midwest AMC Eagle Sanctuary Game Warden
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 11:06:48 PM »
I hear ya j2sax... I'll make it one of these years for sure!
Its got style... its got class...
It goes the extra mile... and still kicks @ss.
Strength. Intelligence. Beauty.
The AMC Eagle
81' AMC Eagle Sx4 (My very first car, The Millennium Eagle)
82' AMC Eagle Sx4 Sport (Custom General Lee Style)
85' AMC Eagle Wagon Sport (My Daily Driver)
00' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (The Grocery Getter)
And a plethora of other parts cars, and future restoration projects:
80 Wagon, 82 Spirit, Two 83 SX4s, 84 Wagon, 85 Wagon and more!!

Offline eaglebeek

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 70
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 10:47:00 PM »
I asked this question a few months ago...perhaps it was a bit too early to expect a response...so I'm asking again.
Are any wives or gfs planning on attending this meet? My wife wants to come with me but if it's going to be mostly the guys she feels a bit out of place. :eagle:
1984 Eagle Wagon, 258, auto, 2.73 gears, daily driver
1983 Eagle Limited Wagon, parts; sold
2000 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0, auto
2007 Hyundai Accent, radical downsize from minivan, wife's car and she loves it!

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."--John W. Gardner, in "Excellence: Can We Be Equal and Excellent Too?" (1961)

Air-conditioning is so cool!

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 10:52:44 PM »
I asked this question a few months ago...perhaps it was a bit too early to expect a response...so I'm asking again.
Are any wives or gfs planning on attending this meet? My wife wants to come with me but if it's going to be mostly the guys she feels a bit out of place. :eagle:

I'm not sure if my wife is planning to go or not Eaglebeek.  Any wives that go on this trip definitely deserve a special prize for putting up with all of us eagle-maniacs!
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 11:14:03 AM »
When I went in '07. there were quite a few wives that went. Most of the people there are Terry's friends that he lets drive his Eagles and quite a few of them aren't even car people. Heck, one of them was his insurance agent that wrote the policy on all his cars.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline George Mann

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 03:17:06 AM »
I live just down the road from the Eagle Motel. I could meet up with you guys when you hit town.

Is this something that I will have to discuss with Terry ahead of time?
1985 Eagle Wagon

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 08:00:08 AM »
I live just down the road from the Eagle Motel. I could meet up with you guys when you hit town.

Is this something that I will have to discuss with Terry ahead of time?

I'm assuming you don't need a room since you just live down the road but I would just shoot Terry an email and let him know you plan to join us.  I think he's got some other activities planned for the trip also so that would give you and opportunity to meet up with us wherever we're going.  Thanks, and it will be good to meet you!
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline George Mann

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 03:30:23 PM »

I'm assuming you don't need a room since you just live down the road but I would just shoot Terry an email and let him know you plan to join us.  I think he's got some other activities planned for the trip also so that would give you and opportunity to meet up with us wherever we're going.  Thanks, and it will be good to meet you!

Actually, you have previously met me at the Havana St. Napa.
1985 Eagle Wagon

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 10:43:47 PM »
Sorry I didn't recognize your name.  I remember that clandestine hand-off of the hubcap well!!  Weren't you living up in NE Colorado at the time?
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1964 TBird 390 - sold

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk