Eagle Gallery > Eagles at work and Play

My Eagle on the "Hammers" (OHV trails in Johnson Valley CA)

(1/2) > >>

rollguy:
A recent article in our local paper http://www.vvdailypress.com/articles/drive-44795-father-hammers.html is about the "Father of the Hammers", a friend of mine named Chuck Shaner.  The Hammer trails are some of the roughest 4X4 trails on the planet.  Years ago when the trails were being built, I was a member of Victor Valley 4 Wheelers.  I have done most of the trails in Johnson Valley with my Eagle.  Here are a few photos:

eaglefreek:
We need a "like" button.

youngkyle:
why is it that sometimes you don't have door and a hood?  I get the doors being off so you have better visibility, is the hood so it doesn't overheat or something? I'll bet this is fun, but I wouldn't do it.  plus you probably have some modifications on it.

rollguy:

--- Quote from: youngkyle on February 03, 2014, 10:03:48 AM ---why is it that sometimes you don't have door and a hood?  I get the doors being off so you have better visibility, is the hood so it doesn't overheat or something? I'll bet this is fun, but I wouldn't do it.  plus you probably have some modifications on it.

--- End quote ---
The hood had a problem with the hinge and the hood pull cable (very rare problem with Eagles ;D), so I removed it for that run.  Besides, I had to open and close the hood several times on the previous run, so I just decided to take it off.

youngkyle:
So I was right about the door? just for spotting rocks?  this is really neat. I'd suspect a great way to test your car, I just doubt I'd be willing to do it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version