News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 10:22:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Project SX4 Evo - SX4 Junkyard to Pro Touring  (Read 10308 times)

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
Re: Project SX4 Evo - SX4 Junkyard to Pro Touring
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2020, 12:04:43 PM »
Any updates? I busted a coil spring and since they don't make them anymore, I'm open to alternative options - especially when parts start coming from the yard.

Have you checked with ESPO Springs and Things for new coil springs?  I'd reach out to them and see if they can set you up with a pair.  Good luck!

https://www.springsnthings.com/coil-springs.htm
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Online Taylor

• Administrator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 34
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2020, 01:40:07 PM »
As for the springs, I used Espo Springs and Things. They have or can get all of the suspension parts ( ball joints, bushings, springs, ) except stuff like control arms.
https://www.springsnthings.com/
You can also ask for a estimate for a front end rebuild kit. I think I have a estimate for one in email somewhere. Request ball joints and all bushings.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 02:52:54 PM by Taylor »
2010 Toyota Rav4 pack mule
1985 AMC Eagle Limited Wagon 🖖🏼🦅
2020 Honda Africa Twin the long haul trucker

Offline v0rt3x86

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 16
  • Day at the Beach
    • MySpace
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2020, 09:12:04 PM »
Not anymore. Moog stopped making them.