Information and News > Hatchlings

Going to rebuild brake system - what parts are hard to find?

(1/2) > >>

Evenprime:
Good day everyone.

Since I will be getting all new brake lines installed as well as new rotors, brakes etc, I figured Id replace the brake booster and master cylinder.

Are these readily available?

I can find things online but I know from looking at bushings that a lot of the times the things don't fit properly so trying to get a plan of attack before I start.

Thanks in advance.

Even

MIPS:
Rotors, pads, drums and the rubber boot/slide bolt hardware kits for the calibers are still available. I was able to buy all of them off the shelf at my local Lordco auto parts store.

amcfool1:
hi, master cylinders are readily available. boosters are as well but harder to find. If you decide to get a booster, try to get a booster/master cylinder ASSEMBLY, otherwise you will have to adjust pushrod length yourself. I got one about 7 years ago from Autozone. Don't know if still available, but if your booster ain't broke, why fix it?  good luck,  gz

89 MJ:
I have not been able to find a source for boosters that have a quick turn around. Most of the boosters are rebuild services that cost a few hundred dollars. Everything else seems to be easy to find.

Evenprime:
I'd like to have this vehicle set as a daily driver and would feel very comfortable knowing the entire brake system was new or at least rebuilt.

I will most likely have a professional run the new gas and brake lines, but figured I can probably replace the brake booster and master cylinder myself.

I didn't think about that push rod adjustment. Is it a difficult process or just a timing thing?
I've researched this stuff years ago and remember thinking I could probably tackle it but will definitely need to brush up.

Thanks in advanced.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version