Information and News > Hatchlings

New guy with an old Eagle

(1/3) > >>

Jawbone1021:
Hello. I’ve looked at this site for a bit, but just now joined. I purchased an ‘80 AMC Eagle Limited in Medium Brown Metallic a little while back. It’s in okay condition. The engine has some problems, but there’s no major rust. It has either 279,000 or 379,000 miles on it. I’ve wanted one for a long time, and I’m very happy with the specifications on this one. If anyone knows of any parts (it needs quite a few), please tell me. I’m in Minnesota. Thanks.
 :amc:

vangremlin:
Welcome to the Den!  Nice looking Eagle you have there, I hope you have lots of fun with it.  Let us know which parts you are looking for specifically, this is a very helpful group.

Jawbone1021:

--- Quote from: vangremlin on November 06, 2023, 12:08:37 PM ---Welcome to the Den!  Nice looking Eagle you have there, I hope you have lots of fun with it.  Let us know which parts you are looking for specifically, this is a very helpful group.

--- End quote ---
Thanks. I’ll try to compile a list of parts. I’m trying to keep it as stock as possible, but it’s hard to find the right parts, especially for an ‘80. I’ve checked out Kennedy American, and it seems to be a very helpful site, but it doesn’t have everything I need. I doubt I’ll be able to find any sun visor mounts anytime soon. I’ll make sure to keep you folks updated.

AMC of Houston:
Are the visor mounts just loose?  Or missing?  There's a way to tighten them up some.  Mounts from any AMC "small" car will fit (Hornet/Gremlin/Concord).

Jawbone1021:

--- Quote from: AMC of Houston on November 06, 2023, 11:01:09 PM ---Are the visor mounts just loose?  Or missing?  There's a way to tighten them up some.  Mounts from any AMC "small" car will fit (Hornet/Gremlin/Concord).

--- End quote ---
The mounts are broken, with pieces of them missing, and I don't have any sun visors, either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version